My Intro and Philosophy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
R

R1zbear

Welcome to the forum :) Finally we got another good friend around ;)

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Welcome. I'm a big knife fan too. And my definition of "small is anything less than 5 inches. Big doesn't start til over 7. It's not all about what's better; it's about what's more fun. And yeah, I gotta admit to a fondness for axes too especially the old classics.

Last edited:

Nicholson95

Feb 24, 2011
Livingston
I'm a big knife fan too. And my definition of "small is anything less than 5 inches. Big doesn't start til over 7. It's not all about what's better; it's about what's more fun. And yeah, I gotta admit to a fondness for axes too especially the old classics.

I agree, I think the bigger knifes just make so much of a difference in work effort, if it came to a survival situation you wouldn't want to be hacking away at branches or chopping wood with a small 3" blade (think of how much energy that would waste) it would make everything easier and weigh up the odds of surviving in your favor if you had a decent sized blade (or Axe) but don't get me wrong smaller knifes have there pros too I'm just saying that larger knifes and axes make life a hell of allot easier. So in my opinion even if you aren't big fan of the heavy blades or axes if you are going to take bush-craft or survival seriously then you should seriously think about getting at least one and learning to use it sufficiently, if you ask me it would be in your best interest. Im not saying you have to go all rambo or be a big knife nazi or axe nazi to me it just makes sense.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE