My first Spoon!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Cordhound

Jul 16, 2014
Mere, Wiltshire
After enjoying a very informative Family Bushcraft weekend and learning lots of essential skills with WILDWAY BUSHCRAFT, I was absorbed into whittling a spoon,
I thought I would share it with you, as although a relatively simple task, I'm proud of how it turned out. Thanks for the lessons John!
ratyre4e.jpg

Cordhound

Cordhound

Jul 16, 2014
Mere, Wiltshire
Thanks folks, I have to admit, that the kuksa was made using a drill bit to make the cavity and finger hole, as I have still to purchase my own crook knife. Which will be my next purchase.
The leather is from an old stripped sofa, which has been sat in my garage for the last 8 years, so following inspiration from BCUK members, I decided to give it a go! If I can pull my finger out, I may make a few to bring to the Moot to sell or swap, I'm not sure if this is permitted though as if I can get there it will be my first time attending?

Cordhound

Cordhound

Jul 16, 2014
Mere, Wiltshire
John, you taught me loads, for which I am in your debt. Have you started your bows? I am yet to start.
I look forward to catching up soon, are you going to the Moot?
All the best, Nick

Cordhound

Cordhound

Jul 16, 2014
Mere, Wiltshire
Thank you Harvestman, the only problem with it is I got a little thin in a couple of places, so when I filled it with water, after a couple of Minutes I noticed three droplets forming on the outside😬 probably due to the porous grain?
Do you know how I can make it watertight?

Cordhound

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE