My first knife....all done and polished. Never again!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
the handle seems to be asymetrical... is there a reason for this? i'm curious about the back of the handle, in the left part there's an indentation that seems to lack on the right side...

good polishing job! i like the liners, too.

oh, i almost forgot :D: you got the bug - you'll make another. soon! and you can't help it - there's no known cure for this!

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
I think it really looks marvelous, and as in any product, if you made it yourself you will see every little thing that you didn't want, all the little faults and all the little errors, but if you show it to someone else that is not troubled with prejudices, then he will acknowledge talent as, most of the talent in my opinion though I'm new in the branch of traditional crafts, is, fixing those little mistake that weren't according to plan. and If you turn up with something like this I can only applaud you, I have to say, I cant wait to try such a project myself but you kinda frightened me a bit ^^.

Ps what kind of material did you use for the scales and the marvelous rivets, how did you achieve that?
yours sincerely a Fan

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi....(shhhhhh steve lol)....yep the whole thing is totally wonky and lopsided....all on purpose i assure you....(ahem.....)....no, really, its good in my hand this way and i wanted extra large stickyoutthumbybits (is that a word?)....

erm....and bikers gonna tell me off lol....but i just completed my second knife (95% completed) last night and was happy where i was with it so i've given it a final polish today and hopefully have pics on tomorrow if the sun comes out...

ta for compliments!

a

the handle seems to be asymetrical... is there a reason for this? i'm curious about the back of the handle, in the left part there's an indentation that seems to lack on the right side...

good polishing job! i like the liners, too.

oh, i almost forgot :D: you got the bug - you'll make another. soon! and you can't help it - there's no known cure for this!

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi...ta for your words....if i can help you at all let me know...honestly, i mustve made every known possible mistake short of actually embedding the knife in my own head...making a knife is humbling....i just finished my second knife today and its brutal without a 3grand linisher etc...i made mine on an ancient black and decker grinder that i bought off my neighbour for ten quid, an ancient drill press which i cant tighten enough so that it stays level when you use it.....with another grinder converted over with a cheap pigtail option that vibrates my lacking worksurface so badly that tsunamis are a normal occurence on my local stream. the ducks have become quite accomplished surfers.

anyway....pics on tomorrow....this one is buffalo horn with black and pewter liners plus mosaic pins and brass lanyard...if you like the pins i can let you know where to get them....

good luck!

a

I think it really looks marvelous, and as in any product, if you made it yourself you will see every little thing that you didn't want, all the little faults and all the little errors, but if you show it to someone else that is not troubled with prejudices, then he will acknowledge talent as, most of the talent in my opinion though I'm new in the branch of traditional crafts, is, fixing those little mistake that weren't according to plan. and If you turn up with something like this I can only applaud you, I have to say, I cant wait to try such a project myself but you kinda frightened me a bit ^^.

Ps what kind of material did you use for the scales and the marvelous rivets, how did you achieve that?
yours sincerely a Fan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE