My first knife....all done and polished. Never again!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
MINE14LOW.jpg

MINE13LOW.jpg

MINE12LOW.jpg

MINE11LOW.jpg

MINE10LOW.jpg

MINE9LOW.jpg

MINE8LOW.jpg

MINE15LOW.jpg

NikolaTesla

Forager
Jan 26, 2012
Uk
Brilliant knife mate, well done!

I like this type of knife, just my favourite. I want to get the Condor Bushlore as it is like this..

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
That's an amazing first effort! Just ordered a knife blank and some scales to handle my first knife - its not gonna look anywhere near as good as that

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
lol....ta m8....seriously tho it was a complete nightmare, not easy to do in any way whatsoever....constantly having to repair the messing up of a repair...everything from not spending enough time on perfecting the leading edges prior to assembly to taking chunks of blade out with my 10 quid grinder to having it ripped from my hand and handle damaged whilst polishing and on and on and on....there are so many imperfections and i made so many mistakes on what is essentially a simple thing that its incredible the knifes not the size of a toothpick lol.....much respect to knifemakers!....and to newcomers, take your time!

actually biker i've already got the next one ready to go lol...a mammoth blades huntsman....and after that its gonna be a nessmuk with stabilised reindeer handle...i just have to beg a guy i know to do the stabilising lol....got a huge antler here that i've not had the heart to chop up yet.

just need to grow back the fingers i lost due to the amount of sanding involved and i'll be back with knife 2!

Your first knife? You're the type that make me pig sick with envy! That's gorgeous.

Never say never again, once you've got the bug to make these things you'l be at it again eventually. Lovely result mate, really top notch.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Can so appreciate what you mean about making the handle and the little mistakes that set you back. I made a new handle for my Svord (you may have seen my posting) It's effectively my first proper handle I've made for any knife and I did learn a lot in the process and I'm used to handling wood and wood cutting tools.

Anyway, glad to read it hasn't put you off making more lovely cutlery.

So know what you mean about respect for the knife makers, it does look decpetively easy until you have a go and find those pitfalls, the hard way.

timbox

Feb 2, 2012
worthing
That is a beautifull finish you have achieved there, can I ask what you used for the liners I like the laminated effect.

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
I've just been browsing the mammoth blades website (drool!).

You have really done that blade justice. Please show us when you have clothed it.

Z

Sent from my fondle-slab via tapatalk.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE