my first bushcraft knife ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kieran w

Nov 16, 2013
suffolk
hi all so 4 months ago i started learn bushcraft skills and have been using a mora companion and i am now wanting to buy a new knife.

i would like the knife to have a 5 inch blade , large handle and cost between £70 - £90

i hope to hear all your suggestions :D

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I could make you a knife kit for that, all you would have to do is put the scales on and shape them to your hand.

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
I would stick with the Mora for the time being, get to a meet and see if you can try out some to find what fits your hand, however be aware some people may not feel comfortable lending a knife to a minor.

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Just checked his Intro post and he does say he's 15.

Couldn't sell to you Kieran, though i could sell to your parents if you had interest in a kit.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
I'm 15 aswell, my two main users are the A.wright and sons 701 rosewood handled woodlore clone- £120- good knife IMO
And the Gary Mills Timberwolf- £189- well worth it.

I have steered clear from knives from the forum, just to stop anyone getting in trouble :).

Might be with getting an enzo trapper maybe?

Someone on here will have some better info than me :).

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
I did hear that aswell, about the grinds, mines fine, even grind, good quality, takes an edge well, holds it decent. A good knife, not groundbreaking, I like it, and get on well with it :).

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I am a great believer in the clipper for a beginner and the experienced, many have them and swear by them :).....

its shame your so young or i'd say pop along to the Suffolk Meet, Under 18's Have to have an Adult with them, unless your parents are into bushcraft of course.

kieran w

Nov 16, 2013
suffolk
hi all thanks for the replies i think the enzo trapper or enzo camper might be the way to go cheers and i would always ask my parents first if a was to purchase a sharp and dangerous tool thanks again
I'm 15 aswell, my two main users are the A.wright and sons 701 rosewood handled woodlore clone- £120- good knife IMO
And the Gary Mills Timberwolf- £189- well worth it.

I have steered clear from knives from the forum, just to stop anyone getting in trouble :).

Might be with getting an enzo trapper maybe?

Someone on here will have some better info than me :).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE