My complete Kit in one picture

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

huntersforge

Oct 14, 2006
southern scotland
Heres mine , the seude pouches contain my cooking kit and the black ones my tarp and bivi bag . I try to avoid summer camps as the midges drive me nuts :eek:
huntersforge

Bushcraft4life

Settler
Dec 31, 2006
London
thanks mate , havin problems posting pics , Im a bit of a techno caveman .:)

No worries dude.

Top tip, when you try and post a pic, copy the direct link to image, then when you post on here, go to insert image, delete the http// already there and post your image and it will be shown directly on here with no links etc.

Btw, WHY may i ask is your kit so neat and tidy :twak: :D

huntersforge

Oct 14, 2006
southern scotland
No worries dude.

Top tip, when you try and post a pic, copy the direct link to image, then when you post on here, go to insert image, delete the http// already there and post your image and it will be shown directly on here with no links etc.

Btw, WHY may i ask is your kit so neat and tidy :twak: :D

I know , it drives my mates mad . :D

stu1979uk

Forager
Oct 22, 2006
glasgow
Wee question for SimonM

What do you pack in your response pack?
I have a regtta pouch, belt or shoulder strap, which is like a survival type kit with the following

Survival blanket – foil
Matches
Fire steel
Lighter
Tinder
Re-sealable plastic bags x2
Tape
Compass
Water purification tablets
Wire saw
Multi tool/knife
Signal mirror
Needle and thread
FAK
Surgical blades
Fishing kit
Candle
Whistle
Snare wire
Small LED torch
Batteries for above
Pencil
Paper
Vaseline

abushcrafter

Nomad
Aug 23, 2007
Chilterns
a wee heads-up on food. tesco do a golden vegetable rice meal (freeze dried sachet) that cooks in a few minutes and is REALLY tasty. hunt some down and try them. i always carry them. noodles can get a bit boring after a while.
porrige for breakfast, and some dried milk would be a nice addition too.

Don't forget the yum :approve: yum instant pasta pots form Tesco & Sainsburys.
Also the tesco's dried milk is yum :approve: however the Waitrose stuff is :yuck:

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Wee question for SimonM

What do you pack in your response pack?

Here goes ...
DSCN2103.jpg

On the outside:-
  • A BcUK badge
  • 2 bivvy zip markers (Glow in the dark - make it easier to find kit.)
  • Old arrow (blow poker) carrying 2 skewers for cooking with inside (Safely!)
  • Pen

DSCN2106.jpg

On the inside:

Left pocket:-
  • Personal FAK / Rehydrate powder / survival blanket
Right Pocket:-
  • Dems tin containing firelighting kit & tinders (demo material for use with Scouts mainly)
  • Leather pouch containing traditional flint & steel + char cloth

Main pocket:-
  • Laplander saw in "Shep" pouch
  • Anti bacterial gel
  • Tissues
  • Small field strop & wet & dry paper
  • 3m paracord
  • Usually have my knife in here too - carried out of sight when travelling to & from the woods.

Front pocket:-
  • Spork
  • MY spoon
  • Bug juice wipes
  • Green heat gel sachets
  • Headlamp
  • Krill lamp
  • Waterproof notepad & pencil

There is room to spare in the main & front pocket for task specific items, eg Mars bars, hip flask etc as well!

There is a great thread on Response Paks here...
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/index.php/Forums.html

HTH

Simon

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Great thread and some very interesting looking kit. Would it be possible to add how much each rucksack full weighs?:)

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
Heres mine , the seude pouches contain my cooking kit and the black ones my tarp and bivi bag . I try to avoid summer camps as the midges drive me nuts :eek:
huntersforge

Just wondering what do you use the nalgene bottle bottle for? As my local Mountain Warehouse are doing them 2 for 1.

robwolf

Tenderfoot
Aug 16, 2008
thetford norfolk
did you know you can use a strike a light on a hexi block all you need to do is scrape the top of the hexi block into fine shavings bring it all together into a pile on the top of the block and drop a spark onto it

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I'd be intereseted to see these kits set up. I often find that it looks all well and good laitd out, but you don't get an idea of how big a shelter you'll get from a tarp that is rolled up. How do you set up, what tricks do you employ to keep kit off the deck, that sort of thing. It may seem like a simple idea to you but it may be something others haven't seen yet.

I'd post a picture of my kit, but the surveillance cameras on the satellites are all pointing at Iraq and Afghanistan at the moment and I have no other way to get an aerial shot! I have loads of kit! :D

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'd be intereseted to see these kits set up. I often find that it looks all well and good laitd out, but you don't get an idea of how big a shelter you'll get from a tarp that is rolled up. How do you set up, what tricks do you employ to keep kit off the deck, that sort of thing. It may seem like a simple idea to you but it may be something others haven't seen yet.

I'd post a picture of my kit, but the surveillance cameras on the satellites are all pointing at Iraq and Afghanistan at the moment and I have no other way to get an aerial shot! I have loads of kit! :D

I`d be interested to see how tidy your kit is when trees are falling down around you in a storm :D

Rich

Gailainne

Life Member
:eek: My high tech racing dynamee is at this moment sitting in a tangled pile a cat would be proud of, at my feet, one of the many things I need to sort before Mors time on Monday :D.

BTW just so you know the new 2 man bivi from terra nova fits into one of the side pouches of a snug response pak :cool: . Also see those thin mylar silver blankets or even the orange thick plastic survival bags, bin then ! they're almost useless, spend money on a bivi bag and/or a blizzard survival blanket or bag. Take it from someone who had the first 2 and wished we had the latter 2.

Survivor of Texa 2008

Stephen

Traper

Tenderfoot
Mar 13, 2008
Poland

Great idea!!!

Would love to see that.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE