My Bug out Bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 28, 2010
?
Hey all, this is my first post so please tell me if im posing in the wrong place!

Basicly me and some of my firends have been designing bug out bags in our group and giving each other different ideas on what to put inside it. I have -

a multi tool
8 hexi tablets (10 mins each)
Break light
water bottle with built in filter
Olive mug
hand sanitizer
5M paracord
binoculars
water purification tablets
2x mess tins
a map of my area
3 x boil in the bag rat packs
1x pack of beef Jerky
Hexi cooker
2x hot chocolate
4x sugar
2x kendle mint cake
8x mints
1 x xtra strong pack o' mints
10 x salt
2 x Biscuits
chewing gum
1 x food set
1 x battery powered tourch
1 x wind up tourch
1 x medical kit ( bandages and wipes)
1 x radiation pen
1 x comb
1 x compass
1 x spare battery
1 x body wash leaves
and 1 x hair wash leaves

If you could suggest any thing else it would be much appreciated, thanks! :D

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
Oddly enough things like some cash, passport, medical docs, national insurance number and bank account details are things that might come in handy. This obviously this depends on the situation but Is worth a think.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Hello and welcome.

Have you put some thought into what you think you will be 'bugging out' from or the likely duration of that 'bugging out' period?

Beardy

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 28, 2010
UK
Where are the Krugerrands? :)

Sounds like a good basic kit but you might want to think about med kit of the major trauma type - dressings and a tourniquet could come in useful. It depends what you are trying to escape from but I'd have thought it wouldn't have to be an 'end of the world as we know it', societal collapse type extinction event to involve the potential for some nasty things to happen - just look at New Orleans a few years back.

Last edited:

bigmul

Tenderfoot
Jun 15, 2008
Whitley Bay
I'm not sure that I really see the need for a bag like this in the UK. What would you be bugging out from? Where would you be bugging out from? Where would you be bugging out to? Without the answers it's quite difficult to know what to say really. On the one hand you may find that a bug oiut kit could happily contain a mobile phone, wallet with cards & the number of the nearest cab company and hotel. Then again, you might need a full NBC setup.

Why have a comb in a bug out bag? 10 sachets of salt? Nothign to keep you dry or warm? What about a foil blanket or a plastic bivi bag?

If you're set on keeping the comb and mints then I suggest ditching the binos for some Hai Karate instead....you never know when that combo might come in handy ;-)

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
If you're set on keeping the comb and mints then I suggest ditching the binos for some Hai Karate instead....you never know when that combo might come in handy ;-)[/QUOTE]

No way, its got to be old spice, or maybe blue stratos, or brut..

Rob

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I have a flash drive with scans of all my important documents on it (encrypted for security) in my bag.
Also cash in a couple of currencies.

Home Guard

Forager
Dec 13, 2010
North Walsham, Nelson's County.
You dont need the battery powered torch if you have a wind up one. A decent sized bushcraft knife wouldnt go a miss, as for cutting up large stuff. And also something such as a tarp or an IPK to go with your paracord, this might come in useful for shelter. You could almost cut that bag in half to save weight and space.

ashes1627

Nomad
Nov 13, 2010
North Walsham, Norfolk
You could almost cut that bag in half to save weight and space.

Very "Mr Dennis" Home Guard!

I have an emergency sleeping bag ( NSN 8465-99-138-3533 ) to act as a shelter and a sleeping bag in my kit, although I had considered getting an IPK. Becketts sell them for £7.99 (new, of course). I may get one from either there or another place which is cheaper, taking postage into account.

Last edited:

ashes1627

Nomad
Nov 13, 2010
North Walsham, Norfolk
I went to Becketts at the weekend and got an IPK, they were selling them at their store in Norwich for a fiver! I bought one, and am looking forward to trying it out in the spring.

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
Wow ashes1627 is that shop still there ? I used to go in there all the time when we went to visit my grandad in Norwich, haven't been for about 20 years though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE