My axe cover.....

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
Finally got round to making a cover and strap for my own axe.

I made one of these for Chris.G. a while ago for the same type of axe, but haven't got round to making one for myself til now.

DSCF2404.jpg

DSCF2414.jpg

DSCF2415.jpg

Cheers

Richard

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Very nice indeed! Do you need to pop both poppers to get the axe out, can we see what it looks like opened up so we can maybe Tim Noble it ;)

Lovely work sir :notworthy

Cheers,

Alan

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
Richard, I've had many admiring glances at mine, and yours looks just as good. Don't forget the chap who came up with the original design charges over £300 for his....

Chris

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
Very nice indeed! Do you need to pop both poppers to get the axe out, can we see what it looks like opened up so we can maybe Tim Noble it ;)

Lovely work sir :notworthy

Cheers,

Alan

Hi Alan,

You can remove the axe by just undoing the flap over the top of the head and sliding it down, but it's better to undo both.

Here's a photo of it unzipped...........

DSCF2428.jpg

I have to admit the first one was made to a design Chris sent me, I just tweaked it a bit to suit these axes:eek:

Feel free to copy mine by all means.

Richard

First rate!
A couple of q's:
Does the D ring strap stay on the axe while you use it, or does it slide off the bottom end? I've never seen this before.
Being from northern Minnesota, USA, I don't see any Wilkinson Sword axes. Are they UK exclusive?
I've a few Norlund, Gransfors Bruks, Collins, True Temper, Snow & Nealley, Illtis Oxhead and Wetterling, as I do some collecting, but I've never seen a Wilkinson Sword axe.
Thanks

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
First rate!
A couple of q's:
Does the D ring strap stay on the axe while you use it, or does it slide off the bottom end? I've never seen this before.
Being from northern Minnesota, USA, I don't see any Wilkinson Sword axes. Are they UK exclusive?
I've a few Norlund, Gransfors Bruks, Collins, True Temper, Snow & Nealley, Illtis Oxhead and Wetterling, as I do some collecting, but I've never seen a Wilkinson Sword axe.
Thanks

Hi TT,

The loop with the D ring slides off the bottom before use I've also made one that fits at the bottom of the handle so I can strap it to my pack.

As for Wilkinson Swords they've been around for years making all sorts of blades and tools see the link........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilkinson_Sword

Cheers Richard

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi Rich,
I like to see the bottom bit : ( I've also made one that fits ant the bottom of the handle so I can strap it to my pack )
Cheers Topknot.

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
Hi Singteck,

i've had a look through my old internet links and I'm afraid that I can't find the original one to give you. The figure of £300 is what I recall it being but as I can't find the link I can't be sure. Sorry.

Chris

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE