My 4x4

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 18, 2020
Manchester
Hi guys
I would just like to tell you about my 4x4 I have recently restored it's a 1970 series 2a Land Rover fitted with a Land Rover Discovery 200tdi engine, recon'd gearbox with an HRTC Hi Ratio Transfer Box, hi ratio diffs, new galv chassis, new galv bulkhead, new tyres and wheels, just about everything has been done to this vehicle mainly to be used for beach metal detecting, sea fishing and camping :)
Graham

Reactions: jasonb and MrEd

Toots

Aug 22, 2005
Sutton in Craven, North Yorkshire
TDI power is a mixed blessing in a series motor. Superb to drive but horribly loud and rattly. I'm currently rebuilding a 2.25 petrol engine to go back in my series 3 for the sake of my hearing. It's my every day driver. Need to see pictures too.

May 18, 2020
Manchester
TDI power is a mixed blessing in a series motor. Superb to drive but horribly loud and rattly. I'm currently rebuilding a 2.25 petrol engine to go back in my series 3 for the sake of my hearing. It's my every day driver. Need to see pictures too.

Sorry but I don't get why peeps say the TDI is noisy as it's a lot quieter than the original 2.25 diesel engine and twice the power of the 2.25 petrol engine :)

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Nice. I have a 1966 2a meself, getting a very rare sight on the roads these days

I do think you should give me your 2a though.
I'm in Derbyshire. About as far from salt water as you can get! :)

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
Hi guys
I would just like to tell you about my 4x4 I have recently restored it's a 1970 series 2a Land Rover fitted with a Land Rover Discovery 200tdi engine, recon'd gearbox with an HRTC Hi Ratio Transfer Box, hi ratio diffs, new galv chassis, new galv bulkhead, new tyres and wheels, just about everything has been done to this vehicle mainly to be used for beach metal detecting, sea fishing and camping :)
Graham

what i recognise your name from LZ - I am flat on there. hello

May 18, 2020
Manchester
Nice. I have a 1966 2a meself, getting a very rare sight on the roads these days

I do think you should give me your 2a though.
I'm in Derbyshire. About as far from salt water as you can get! :)
Haha yeah I do prefer the earlier 2a's I had a 1961 2a a few years back that I totally restored as a petrol 2.25p then later converted it to a Discovery 200tdi engine and loved it then I had a couple of Discoveries then a 90 and now back to a 2a again :)

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Haha yeah I do prefer the earlier 2a's I had a 1961 2a a few years back that I totally restored as a petrol 2.25p then later converted it to a Discovery 200tdi engine and loved it then I had a couple of Discoveries then a 90 and now back to a 2a again :)

Mines 2.25 petrol truck cab.
I've been threatening a tdi conversion since before the td5 came out I think lol.
It's just such a sweet runner and so characterful I love it as it is.

What gearboxes have you put in yours?

May 18, 2020
Manchester
Mines 2.25 petrol truck cab.
I've been threatening a tdi conversion since before the td5 came out I think lol.
It's just such a sweet runner and so characterful I love it as it is.

What gearboxes have you put in yours?

With mine being a late 2a on a J plate I've had the original gearbox ( sufix F ) rebuilt and with having the TDI in I bought a HRTC Kit from Ashcrofts and had David Baumont's to build it all up and fit it whilst rebuilding the gearbox I am also running 3.54 diffs as well with a tweaked FIP and turbo and it goes quite well :)

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
I'm ashamed to take a pick of mine.

It's (was) freshly painted body and chassis (silver)
But there's half an inch of dust on it atm from sleeping in the shed.

Classic bronze green body limestone roof, black wheels though

May 18, 2020
Manchester
I'll kick off - then sundog can put his up - then Cornish Rattler will have to comply :)

OK, so mine's a juvenile - 1982, 88", Series III, 2.25 petrol with a verified 62,000 miles on the clock. Since the photos I've put a galvanized front bumper on!

View attachment 59357

View attachment 59356
I've tried posting pic's but it won't let me I presume it's because I am new to the forum or something unless some one can help :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE