Land Rover IIA to swap for something interesting.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 4, 2005
Sunny South Wales.
Wenie said:
Dude, bearing in mind that when we met him, he had no idea where in India he was, and was walking up and down the train wearing one flip flop because his other one had mysteriously disappeared, I suspect he'd been hit on the head by a coconut himself, so I don't know if I'd really believe everything he said... :lmao: :p

India's probably the only country with a sufficiently large one legged community to make the theft of one flip flop a viable crime... :rolleyes:

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
When you guys have worked out who is swapping what with whom I still have a 1961 2A in my drive as well for any people who feel left out! :)

Aug 4, 2005
Sunny South Wales.
fred gordon said:
If you all get very excited about owning a Series IIA than I have a 1961 I would like to get rid of. New tyres, new springs and exhaust system. Needs a little TLC to the engine but passed its MOT last year and its just run out.

Glad I'm not the only one with a laissez faire approach to selling unused Land Rovers... :eek:

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
Hi havingagiraffe,

I'll do ya a deal.

I've got a Kdx200sr Enduro, good condition but worth about a grand, get a ticket on the landy and I'll do a straight swap with you.

KDX is a great green laner, I've stopped using it as I want a Landy :lmao:

Aug 4, 2005
Sunny South Wales.
The Joker said:
Hi havingagiraffe,

I'll do ya a deal.

I've got a Kdx200sr Enduro, good condition but worth about a grand, get a ticket on the landy and I'll do a straight swap with you.

KDX is a great green laner, I've stopped using it as I want a Landy :lmao:

Hi Pete, :) Thanks for the offer, but I'm after a smaller four stroke. I had a KDX 125 back in the day and have to agree that they're the best of the road legal 1990s trail bikes :burnout: , but too noisy and high off the ground for me. Thanks again for the very tempting offer though, Dave. :)

I quite fancy the trials version of the Enfield Bullet...I must be getting old... :eek:

Jackdaw

How about a DeArmond M75 with a MG250DFX Marshall Amp with ancils? Need to get rid as I prefer accoustics and the wife says it's taking up room. Would like to get hands on an old Series Landy. Have 300Tdi Disco which is fun, but lacks the character.

Jackdaw.

Aug 4, 2005
Sunny South Wales.
Martyn said:
What's the registration number?

114 UTX. It's a Cardiff number...the vehicle was originally used around the chemical works in Barry and has probably never been more than twenty miles from its place of registration. It's quite a good number for a Series IIA as it reads II A UTX with a carefully placed screw.

Aug 4, 2005
Sunny South Wales.
Two years after this post and I still haven't got rid of this old truck....Any takers?....:)

I have a 1963 Land Rover 88" short wheelbase with 2.25 diesel engine which I would like to swap for something interesting. Ideally, I'd like a small trail bike like an XL125 or a DR350 but I'll consider anything, tipees, plane tickets, canoes...basically anything worth about £500 which will take up less room on the driveway.... :)

I've owned the Land Rover for six or seven years. She's deep bronze green with full length canvas (also have a spare hardtop for her) and 7.50 tyres. Original non suffix number plate (private plate), period Smiths heater,original individual wiper motors with manual over ride, original spoked steering wheel, original floor operated dipswitch, original drop plate with modern 50mm tow ball for non agricultural trailers, original self cancelling indicator switch. The MOT's expired and she'll definitely need bits and pieces to pass - after all, she's over forty years old... :rolleyes: Lights, wipers, horn etc all work, and she starts stops and steers. Obviously, due to the age, she's tax exempt, seat belt exempt, and smoke emmission test exempt.

As the Land Rover's MOT has expired it cannot be legally driven on the road, the vehicle would need to be trailered away - I can deliver if necessary, but the new owner will have to cover the cost of diesel, trailer hire etc.

I've been offered £300 by a guy who just wants the chassis plate so he can put registration number and log book onto a newer Landy, but I'd rather see her go complete to a good home as she's been in the family a long time. :sadwavey:

If anyone fancies it drop me a PM or place a post and I'll sort out some photos and have a good prod around to see exactly what needs doing to it for the MOT.

If there are no takers, this top bushcraft mobile will end up on evilbay.... :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE