Mussel Recipes

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
There's nothing better than fresh picked muscles off the North west coast of Scotland simply steamed with sea water on the beach. But in the kitchen (or at camp) I'll either do classical Moule Mariniere (with or without cream, both are delicious) or green Thai - basically steamed in a green Thai curry sauce; you can work out a suitable recipe yourselves :)

With fresh cooked bread of course!
 
There's nothing better than fresh picked muscles off the North west coast of Scotland simply steamed with sea water on the beach. But in the kitchen (or at camp) I'll either do classical Moule Mariniere (with or without cream, both are delicious) or green Thai - basically steamed in a green Thai curry sauce; you can work out a suitable recipe yourselves :)

With fresh cooked bread of course!
Will be picking fresh mussels on Saturday onwards near Camusdarach beach. Can't wait to try some of the recipes on here BUT I usually keep it simple ....olive oil onions garlic white wine and fresh bread. Xtra bottle of crisp white (even though I'm a red wine man) is never wrong!!!:O_O::)
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE