Multitool grinder attachment group buy ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
I wil take one if available and if i can pay by cheque - i would also like to purchase spare belts if there is a similar group buy - i am not a member of BB but have included my name in list - hope this is OK - Martin

Hi Martin, Cheque won't work, it wouldn't have time to get here and clear before the last lot have to be paid for.
If you can send cash by RMSD on Monday it would be here Tuesday for me to collect Wednesday, that's about as late as i can leave the last order as i have to pay for them in full before the seller sends them out.
Or maybe ask someone on the forum for help with PayPal ?
The belts are a different group buy by Davidh, £18 per pack (10 Zirconium belts, 2 off 60, 80, 120, 240 and 320 grits in each pack), you can pay me for attachment and belts and i can PayPal Davidh for the belts if that makes life easier.
You can have as many packs of belts as you want but there are only a couple of attachments left.
No need to be a BB member and anybody who wants belts and is not a BB member drop me a PM and i will sort them out.

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
sorted :)

1. eminen - PAID
2. chelks
3. wasteoid - PAID
4. Bazzworx - PAID
5. craeg
6. Whittler Kev - PAID
7. MartinB - PAID

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
1. eminen - PAID
2. chelks - PAID
3. wasteoid - PAID
4. Bazzworx - PAID
5. craeg - PAID
6. Whittler Kev - PAID
7. MartinB - PAID

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
I tried mine last night on a grinder i had sitting the shed unused.
Clarke, 375W, 8", (just checked and these are £72 + delivery from Machinemart :(, don't waste your money)
d7cb02fb.jpg

Fitting was very easy
bce47379.jpg

c4ccf14e.jpg

fa6c3d27.jpg

e40442c5.jpg

ae3f25e9.jpg

19bed596.jpg

Stick a belt on and it's good to go, start to finish 15 minutes and that included taking pics and clamping the grinder to the bench, no drama at all :D
81d23f62.jpg

First run, belt ran true but there was something wrong as you can see from the stuff vibrating about the bench.
[video=youtube;ALZQsoHinMc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALZQsoHinMc[/video]

The wire brush was obviously to blame as it was rubbing against the guard so I removed that and it's much better, tracking is spot on and the tension arm / lock work very well for changing belts.
[video=youtube;nTxdH_KJd9Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTxdH_KJd9Q[/video]

Grinding is ok, you could make a wee knife on it no problem especially if you did most of the roughing out with a hacksaw and angle grinder and used this for the bevels and final shaping but load it up and the motor stops , 350W is not doing the attachment justice.
[video=youtube;577qX8YwQco]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=577qX8YwQco&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

It works but you would need to take your time.
38da5965.jpg

The attachment it much better quality than this bench grinder, the ideal set up for me would be to mount it to a 1.5HP motor.
The bench grinder here is just poor quality, removing the wire brush helped but the shaft is far from true and that puts a wee wobble into the attachment, not really enough to be a problem but it's just not as good as i want.
A decent wee motor would run true, all day long and with much more power.
Im working on a little adaptor plate at the minute that will allow the attachment to be mounted onto a standard motor.

Last edited:

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
1. eminen - PAID
2. chelks - PAID
3. wasteoid - PAID
4. Bazzworx - PAID
5. craeg - PAID
6. Whittler Kev - PAID
7. MartinB - PAID
8.Kerne - PAID

Ok folks that is all the attachments spoken for, there is a chance there might be 2 or 3 more when we are finished but for now the group buy is closed

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Damn, I am recovering from a bout of food poisining anmd have only just seen these. Please put me down for one if any spares come up

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
No worries i will put your name down and give you first refusal if he has any left, originall the seller said he had 75 and then he said stop the list at 70 so hopefully there will be a couple more, i want another myself just to break for parts for another grinder build.

1. eminen - PAID
2. chelks - PAID
3. wasteoid - PAID
4. Bazzworx - PAID
5. craeg - PAID
6. Whittler Kev - PAID
7. MartinB - PAID
8.Kerne - PAID

9. Neumo

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
Yes they should be ready to send out tomorrow if all goes to plan, a little sooner than expected but the first and second lot went out fairly quickly and the seller is heading away for a few days holiday so we are trying to get them away this week rather than end of next week as originally planned.

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
Just to keep the thread up to date, the seller delivered the final lot of attachments to the courier on Friday, they will reopen tomorrow so expect delivery Wednesday / Thursday all being well.

craeg

Native
May 11, 2008
New Marske, North Yorkshire
Just arrived fellas and all I need now is a bench new bench grinder :D Anyone got a good powerful one to sell or trade or recommend where to get one.

Thanks for sorting the group buy dude.

ATB
Craeg

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Just arrived fellas and all I need now is a bench new bench grinder :D Anyone got a good powerful one to sell or trade or recommend where to get one.

Thanks for sorting the group buy dude.

ATB
Craeg
hi mate, speak to rapidboy, he is putting something together for this.
I'm in the same boat, but it will probably be worth the wait.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE