Multi tool

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
Was in Asda today and picked up one of these in the fathers day section...

http://www.toolsdiy.co.uk/shop/view//12-in-1-multi-tool/

1288532790_36011.jpg

£3 and comes with a canvas belt pouch and has a small saw, knife, pliers, can opener, bottle opener and other bits.
I was looking at the leatherman wave and this has everything i wanted for £69 cheaper :eek:

Jun 15, 2011
Stevenage
Hi
I have seen lots of these type of tools .. to be honest most are made cheap ... very cheap, the leatherman tools last really well and dont let you down
the blades (on the charge) lock out the tools don't bend, break or cause stress etc
I have had a couple and think it is money well spent - just my experiance !!
have fun
Simon

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
Hi
I have seen lots of these type of tools .. to be honest most are made cheap ... very cheap, the leatherman tools last really well and dont let you down
the blades (on the charge) lock out the tools don't bend, break or cause stress etc
I have had a couple and think it is money well spent - just my experiance !!
have fun
Simon

Leatherman tools are great dont get me wrong, but this multi tool is good for someone on a budget and it is very strong :)
I work in a building suppliers and from experience rolson tools can take a beating and are built to last- and for £3 its good for everything imaginable with a multi tool! :D

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
They certainly have their place, but can't be compared to Leatherman, Victorinox or SOG. I used one of these to cut a coat hanger hook and it forced the jaws apart permanently. Something I haven't done with the others. Great for rough use for a few months, but the bin will beckon soon after that time period. The steel is far too soft.

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
I doubt it will have much hard use as it will not be a primary blade, and i know its not as good as a leatherman but as i say for £69 less what do you expect?
I have made a few feather sticks with it tonight, opened some bottles, opened a can of beans and sawed a few sticks and it worked great- pliers will only be used to get hot metal from the fire :)
Just thought it was a good cheap option for anyone wanting a multitool but not having the money for a leatherman :)

I also have SAK's but still like this for days out :D

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I doubt it will have much hard use as it will not be a primary blade, and i know its not as good as a leatherman but as i say for £69 less what do you expect?
I have made a few feather sticks with it tonight, opened some bottles, opened a can of beans and sawed a few sticks and it worked great- pliers will only be used to get hot metal from the fire :)
Just thought it was a good cheap option for anyone wanting a multitool but not having the money for a leatherman :)

I also have SAK's but still like this for days out :D

Sounds perfect for all those jobs. A Leatherman in that case would be overkill and not as much return for your ££££.

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
Sounds perfect for all those jobs. A Leatherman in that case would be overkill and not as much return for your ££££.

For work i use stanleys, outdoors i use a full tang or SAK and everywhere else i normally dont have a blade so for me there is little point getting a leatherman as i dont have the money and like i said it would only be used for a secondary blade and pot lifter :)

T1Viper

Nomad
Sep 24, 2010
Ayrshire
Thanks for the heads up, I'll try and pick one up on monday if theres any left.

It might not be a leatherman/sak but i bet its useful.

Timbo

Tenderfoot
Jul 23, 2010
I second that, a handy backup tool for the car where you might not want to leave your Leatherman permanently, or the shed, or toolbox. Wouldnt go replacing my wave with one though

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE