Muckboots?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
Alreet..i’m looking into getting a pair off wellies.mainly for walking the dog over the tops near me.it Can get very muddy at times n I’m sick off having to clean my hiking boots all the time.i want something comfortable that I can clock a few miles up in.they”ll also come in handy for fishing and messing about in the woods with the lad.muckboots seem too fit the bill but theirs a few different types.i like the look of the Arctic grip vibram sole ones but not sure if their gonna be too warm.so anybody use them n which type.plus any other brands to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
I have two pairs of Muckboots. One of my roles if looking after a local nature reserve that’s a riverine woodland so designed to flood in the winter.

I got bored with cold wet feet leading tree planting and other conservation days.

My feet are now toasty and dry. The soft neoprene uppers are nice and comfortable.

I recommend them.

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
I have two pairs of Muckboots. One of my roles if looking after a local nature reserve that’s a riverine woodland so designed to flood in the winter.

I got bored with cold wet feet leading tree planting and other conservation days.

My feet are now toasty and dry. The soft neoprene uppers are nice and comfortable.

I recommend them.

Do you know which particular type of muckboots you have

grip

Forager
Nov 30, 2009
here and there
I've had a couple of pairs of muckboots they're fantastic i wear them year round by far the best wellies i've ever had. The first pair were the Tay model and the ones i've had for the last couple of years are the chore .....................Highly recommended

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Use derwents for canoeing, add some wool socks and you're sorted. Will buy another pair probably before these ones die although had them since 2008. Note the soles on mine are quite soft for grip so will not last long on tarmac. The vibrams may be different or they may have changes to sole material so...?

HTH

Alan

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Very warm and confortable wellies. Not hard wearing for me though (farmer) i get about 8 months out of muckboots but a couple of years out of 'quatro' wellies. Don't know anything about the brand i just picked a pair up when my local place was out of muckboots

One word of caution on muckboots. Don't get the 'off road' type tread pattern, they are fine in mud but near lethal on wet concrete or tarmac

Reactions: TriggerRover

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Last pair of Grubs Stalkers did me well for years. Word of warning though, when its cold don't stand too close to the fire as neoprene doesn't do well.

Also if moving from boots to wellies for certain duties you need to spend well on thick socks. Socks are the key to comfort when it comes to wellies. That and decent insoles.

peaks

Settler
May 16, 2009
Derbys
Had a pair of these for 3+ years - before I was a dedicated Le Chameau user - used for dog walking several times per week (5+) in all weathers/seasons. Soles great, very comfy, bramble resistant, benefit from good sock as per previous comments. Will definitely be buying more when they wear out (no sign as yet). Generous sizing, so go for shoe size.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/BISON-NEOPRENE-WELLINGTON-MUCK-BOOTS/dp/B00I6HIXVM

Last edited:

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
Went fr s pair of muckboot Derwent 2’s in the end.thanks for all the other options offered I did look at them all and was tempted by a pair of quatro’sn

dave89

Nomad
Dec 30, 2012
Sheffield
I got some of those snow boots from decathlon they are warm, waterproof and confortable walk the dog in them most days done me well over a year for £10

Coldfeet

Life Member
Mar 20, 2013
Yorkshire
I have two pairs of Muckboots (one is the Arctic one, no idea on the other), and I have just got the mrs a pair. I haven't found a better, warmer, or more comfortable boot, and highly recommend them.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Look at both the Kamik and the Sorel Canadian winter boots.
Your cold and wet and mud is much like our west coast Fraser Valley.

The key thing to pay attention to is the diversity of inner boot liners.
That's what sets the temperature scale inside the boot.
That's what sets the comfort level to wear in camp.
That's what to buy extras to rotate through the waterproof boot shells.

Me? I have 2 pr felt liners that don't fit any boot shells.
Even evenings on a plastic ground tarp sheet is a pleasure for cozy footwear.
Walking, I wear Greb Kodiak and never blink at the price.

dandan

Nov 23, 2007
South West France
I have a pair of Muckmaster boots in green colour. The ones with the off road sole. I got these 2 years ago from a big named site in Uk .
They are correctly sized for me at 1 size 10. No need for extra socks.
They are light and easy to get on and off. Good grip with these soles on mud and wet grass. Lovely and warm , for this weather and dog walking.
I used these whilst rotovating my garden in the summer here in France , and they were hot. Not uncomfortable , but I knew my feet were warm.

Yes they are not cheap , but you get what you pay for.
I still have my old toe tector wellies , but I found they were cold. As I did not need safety boots , I got these Muck boots. Great buy.

Reactions: Robson Valley

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE