Muck or Grub boots? Recommendations please.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Just an update...

...I got a pair of grubs - they are great. Good arch support, comfy and warm, the vibram sole is really grippy too. I'm looking forward to putting them through their pace now.

Thanks all :)

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Just an update...

...I got a pair of grubs - they are great. Good arch support, comfy and warm, the vibram sole is really grippy too. I'm looking forward to putting them through their pace now.

Thanks all :)

You will love them. I have used them from walking the dog to winter walking in Scotland. Also if I am heading up to my local permission in wet and muddy weather I opt for the Gubs as they are a dam sight easier to clean than leather boots.

Edit. If you are looking for cheap but good insoles then "Cherry" the folk who make shoe polish sell wool upper and fibre lower insoles that work great. I got mine from a pound shop :)

Last edited:

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
If you are looking for cheap but good insoles then "Cherry" the folk who make shoe polish sell wool upper and fibre lower insoles that work great. I got mine from a pound shop :)

Cheers for the heads up :)

I'm visiting some friends in the woods for a brew tonight - it usually muddy, so i'll put them through their paces then.

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
Gumleaf are highly regarded by some folk around here, I'll be getting some when my le chameaus expire.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE