MTP Lightweight Goretex Jacket - advice please from any owners/users

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

adriatikfan

May 23, 2010
North Yorkshire
I've just been given one of theses lightweight goretex jackets as a birthday present.

Would be grateful for any advice on which conditions these jackets perform best in.

Anybody using one -what do you pair it with for the best layering.

Thanks for reading.

Best Wishes,
David

patrols

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2011
cornwall
These are good jackets they breath well and if you use the pit zips you should not overheat, the only problem I have encountered is in heavy rain you will wet out with water running down your neck as they dont have a hood.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Excellent jackets, and unless you are in very hot, humid conditions, you barely notice that you are wearing it. Lack of hood is annoying in civvi applications, but various wide brim waterproof hats are available, work ok in anything other than very windy conditions, and feel less restrictive than a hood.

adriatikfan

May 23, 2010
North Yorkshire
It will keep you dry, but as already mentioned, unless you wear a wide brim hat, you may get some drips down the neck.

Many thanks.

With the weather that's likely to be comingup in the next couple of weeks, I hope to put it to the test sooner rather than later.

I'm impressed with the fit of it and it will certainly pack down small to carry about.

Is the hooded non-lightweight version vastly different/superior or would it be an unfair comparison?

Best Wishes,
David

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE