Mr Mears

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jabbadahut

Mar 15, 2009
uk
www.8thcolour.co.uk
HELLO,
I'm new in these parts, i'm new everywhere to be honest. i live in an internet NOT spot, well untill recently anyway,
i have always been interested in this type of thing but never realised there were places like this or other people into the same thing too.
when i started to read the different threads i got to wondering wether the man himself, ray mears comes on to your site and takes part as himself or which i think is more likely with an alias??????????
If he were to use an alias who of the members do you think he might secretly be?????????? maybe this tony the head honsho guy?? though i expect a few of you have met him and can give him an alibi.
sorry if this is a silly question but i am new here and aint to clued up on the etiquette of the forum.
does anybody claim to light fire by just looking at it???? does anybody claim to be able to make a log cabin from a box of matches??????. it could be any of these !!

matts????????? ogri the trog???????? addo???????????brancho???????????myotis???

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
or maybe you are Mr.Mears and you are a genius.............or I am Mr.Mears and I am even more of a genius, confused??!!

jabbadahut

Mar 15, 2009
uk
www.8thcolour.co.uk
HA HA!
I hadnt thought of that, if i really were mr mears cos i know myself i would of called myself ray thats if i am ray.....whooaaaa i am getting confused now.
nope im sure im not him

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
NO, I AM!

:lmao: :yelrotflm :lmao:

I have to say i did think that for a while when i first joined the forum (2003), I've met Tony he does have a passing resemblance but He isn't Mr Mears.

from what i know about Mr Mears and from one of his close friends (Ray Goodwin) I would assume IF mr Mears was on the forum I don't think he'd ever make himself known.

so who knows...;)

Jan 18, 2009
Northern Ireland
I've been visiting this site for a frew months now and I can honestly say that I like to look for a little of Mr Mears philosophy in all of us - so, in a sense, it could be said - Yes he is here in each and every one of us.

Sorry for waxing lyrical, but it's true.

Alan.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
No, cant say I have heard of him nor has he ever attended a bushmoot...

I think hes shy.

But Mors Korhanski has!

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I would think he or some of his staff have a 'lurk' on here from time to time. Some forum software allows the moderators to record ISPs so I guess if you got an email from Woodlore you could run a check?

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
It could be me,
Ray has been called a "Fat Boy Scout" (By Lofty Wiseman for one)
I am a "Fat Boy Scout"
:D

Welcome to the forums.

While we don't know for sure if he does post under an alias (And I doubt he does, I expect he's far too busy), I'm sure he's aware of the site, and I'd bet some of his staff are members/read the posts.
More than once pieces of kit we've been discussing on the forum as useful things to have have become available from the Woodlore shop.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Ray, if you do read this, then can you PLEASE stop keep covering Australia every other series. We've got the point - you're really impressed by them and fascinated by them. Message received loud and clear. Now, kindly move on. PLEASE.

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
It's nice to think he floats around from time to time, Seems to me that Ray M likes to learn and learn a lot about bushcraft so this is a good place to come to. I totally respect his desire for anonymity, I would go in disguise if I was that famous. ;)

The only think I reckon he probably wouldn't like is all of the gear questions, not the normal stuff like, should I get a hammock or the discussions on cheap/DIY kits, but the ones like, "I've got a Fallivekenible V567 and I want a better knife like the Vijorin 987T Or should I get the Booyah Baybee from Oojikapiv?" and such like...:sulkoff:
(Disclaimer:This is a bugbear of mine about this site although I understand and respect other people's viewpoint even if no one but a hard core section actually reads these posts)

However, it's nice to think he's here. All though most of the people the OP is naming, I've met and they aren't RM :)

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Some Woodlore Ltd staff are members of this forum.

Ray, if you do read this, then can you PLEASE stop keep covering Australia every other series. We've got the point - you're really impressed by them and fascinated by them. Message received loud and clear. Now, kindly move on. PLEASE.

:)

The next series will concern Canada and the northern forests, more info here

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE