Mr Mears

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
HELLO,
I'm new in these parts, i'm new everywhere to be honest. i live in an internet NOT spot, well untill recently anyway,
i have always been interested in this type of thing but never realised there were places like this or other people into the same thing too.
when i started to read the different threads i got to wondering wether the man himself, ray mears comes on to your site and takes part as himself or which i think is more likely with an alias??????????
If he were to use an alias who of the members do you think he might secretly be?????????? maybe this tony the head honsho guy?? though i expect a few of you have met him and can give him an alibi.
sorry if this is a silly question but i am new here and aint to clued up on the etiquette of the forum.
does anybody claim to light fire by just looking at it???? does anybody claim to be able to make a log cabin from a box of matches??????. it could be any of these !!

matts????????? ogri the trog???????? addo???????????brancho???????????myotis???

OOOH no - the secret is out ... you're right you know ... Tony = RM ... Us mods knew, but as you said we had to provide an alibi. But now the secret is out, there's no point in upholding it ...

Please don't spread it - keep the info about this here on the forum :27:

Thank you for your cooperation mate :You_Rock_

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
this is tony, carving up beef (from behind)

DSCF8290_Medium_.JPG

Not Mr Mears:(
As i say there is a passing likeness but it isn't Mr Mears

jabbadahut

Mar 15, 2009
uk
www.8thcolour.co.uk
It could be me,
Ray has been called a "Fat Boy Scout" (By Lofty Wiseman for one)
I am a "Fat Boy Scout"
:D

Welcome to the forums.

While we don't know for sure if he does post under an alias (And I doubt he does, I expect he's far too busy), I'm sure he's aware of the site, and I'd bet some of his staff are members/read the posts.
More than once pieces of kit we've been discussing on the forum as useful things to have have become available from the Woodlore shop.

Thanks for your welcome

Some of these posts are great, genuinely made me laugh

I think i could be ray as i seem to have the fatboy scout waistline too!

william#

Settler
Sep 5, 2005
sussex
fgs
stop focusing on one person one personality who does tv programs
you only know his tv persona
there are loads of skilfull people out there - rangers carpenters tree surgens game keepers farmers forresters.
sometime you lot act like this guy is your god - i am waiting to turn up at a meet and find you all praying at a mears alter you have wittled out of twigs
lol

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
sometime you lot act like this guy is your god - i am waiting to turn up at a meet and find you all praying at a mears alter you have wittled out of twigs
lol

NEVER! For my gods are older, and my Idols hewn from stone!

Mors_Idol.jpg

:lmao: Sorry, I couldn’t resist the oppotunity to post that, its one of the unused cartoons drawn for the old BCUK magazine by the talented Jay Riggins.

william#

Settler
Sep 5, 2005
sussex
NEVER! For my gods are older, and my Idols hewn from stone!

Mors_Idol.jpg

:lmao: Sorry, I couldn’t resist the oppotunity to post that, its one of the unused cartoons drawn for the old BCUK magazine by the talented Jay Riggins.

yup stuart yu summed it up
lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE