Moving .....

Madriverrob

Native
Feb 4, 2008
Whitby , North Yorkshire
Hi

This is my first post although i have been a " watcher " for some time ..........
I am currently based in the Dark Peak but am due to move to Whitby in North Yorkshire , I am looking for any information re Groups , camp locations , coastal locations etc etc to enable me to stay and become more involved when i get up there.

Any advice /information will be welcome .........:D

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Welcome to the forum :)

Your moving to a great part of the world. The Cleveland Way runs right through Whitby so lots of coastal walking both north and south. Heading inland you have the North York Moors national park which is one of my favourite places; lots of wooded valleys with wild and beautiful moorland in between. Plus your only a couple of hours drive from the peaks of the Yorkshire Dales.
I'd say a walk from Whitby to the hotel at Ravenscar (not a bad pint there ;)) would be a nice place to start and give you a feel for the area. You go through Robin Hood's bay on that walk which is a great little village.

Regarding meets the only one in Yorkshire is Steadhall Wood up near Ilkley, you'd be welcome to come along :).

Madriverrob

Native
Feb 4, 2008
Whitby , North Yorkshire
Thanks Ecoman

Thanks Copperhead , some good ideas there , I know the area from holidays but want to get more immersed in things once we're up there permanently, will definietly give the walk from Whitby to Ravenscar a go as soon as we are in.

Shame about the next meet ,thats the weekend we move , but I'll be looking out for the next one .......

Any ideas of decent coastal locations suitable for an overnight ??

Madriverrob

Native
Feb 4, 2008
Whitby , North Yorkshire
Hi All

I'm now up North and settling in in Whitby , have started to explore the local area but would still welcome any tips on local wild /semi wild camping locations and any good beaches where i might be able to camp out ( subject to tides etc ) . I have found a local scout camp that might be a good starting location for the time being ( providing its not a Jamboree weekend )

I'm also keen to meet up with any members local to me who might point me in the right direction initially .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE