Moth / Insect challenge

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I'm doing poorly today!

Did my normal "photograph and ID later" and have really struggled on this chap as well as the vetch that people have helped me with

468690919_f28acc3107.jpg

He was a beautiful black and gold in colour and, as you can see, enormous antennae. Only about the size of a housefly though.....

Any ideas from the clever folk?

Red

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Guess I'd better join then!

Off there now - got some nice other photos today - I'll post in the usual spot late...saw some nice Roe Bucks you would have liked Leon (got a distant photo)

Red

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
British Red said:
Guess I'd better join then!

Off there now - got some nice other photos today - I'll post in the usual spot late...saw some nice Roe Bucks you would have liked Leon (got a distant photo)

Red
I saw a couple of roe deer about an hour and a half ago, when I nipped up into the forest to listen for nightjars. They were only about 50 feet away....

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
British Red said:
Its a male Green Oak Longhorn Moth Adela reamurella apparently

Pretty thing though!

Red
Where did you find it Red, your area..? Its just I am going out mothing tomorrow night and the expert will probably be interested....

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
British Red said:
Yeah up the Hare field over the back mate - I can sort a grid ref if you want it

Red
I will let you know. I will hear all about them tomorrow, the warden really knows his moths...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE