Most used knots?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I bought Des Pawson's Knots book to re-learn how to splice ropes. I can still never remember how to do the starting crown knot!
Then you scrape up 3m each of 3-4 colors of paracord, etc and settle down to entertain yourself.

Just a few days ago, my favorite swivel bamboo kitchen stool decided to pop a leg loose. Turned to "Hitches and Lashings."
I use a lot of #18 tarred nylon commercial seine net repair cord. I don't care what the lashing looks like but it has to be done right. I don't need the stool to fail some day with me riding it to the kitchen floor. Pair of gloves that take a little of the tar. Open knife ready to finish.

I know it's just manual labor, a chore to do a repair. But, It's nice to see the lashing taking shape and form.

Reactions: Minotaur

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Round turn and two half hitches.
Killick hitch for getting timber up a high scaffold rope.
Double quick release reef (like everyone I tie it everyday but never even thought what it was called til today).
Bowline, usually with a half hitch or two to shorten the end and keep it secure.
Figure of eight.
Fishermans for a tied loop.

Thats all I can think of right now.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE