Mosquitos

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MSkiba

Settler
Aug 11, 2010
North West
Hi,

Ive noticed a pattern for a long time now.

How come the mozzers cant keep their fangs out of me while they dont ever bite my camping buddie? Or my brother whenever he joins the camp.

I always get home with over 40 bites, they just laugh at me as they never get bitten.

whats the score?

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Aparently there a couple of schools of thought, either they don't like your blood type, or there's nothing in your breath that attracts them mabey pheromones or co2 content. Or there just lucky? Perhapse your mates wearing repelant on the side.

I get savaged by midges and mosquitos and so does my eldest daughter. Whats worse we suffer badly from a reaction to the bites and get sore heads and feel sick and insanely itchy. We need to take some sort of antihistamine immediately to keep us sane for the next few days after the bites. My wife and youngest daughter hardly ever get bitten and when they do it doesnt appear to bother them for long.

MSkiba

Settler
Aug 11, 2010
North West
Am I right to presume if I cover more of my body, the same amount of mossies will bite me, just on the exposed area i.e. face ?

So cigar smoking will repell them a little, good to know, anything else? maybe burning some sort of leaf?

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
Am I right to presume if I cover more of my body, the same amount of mossies will bite me, just on the exposed area i.e. face ?

So cigar smoking will repell them a little, good to know, anything else? maybe burning some sort of leaf?

That's the good news :D the bad news? you'll more than likely die from cancer. :nono:

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Is it not a possability that your mates do get bitten but they just dont react to the bite as much.
I am the same though, always get slotted so i stay well covered up.

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
I had not been bitten for years so thought i was 'immune'....then this year they savaged me after one night out....and i think they left some sort of homing beacon in me as since then i itch all the time and swear i'm still being bitten (2 weeks on)

What is a smudge fire then?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE