Mosquito Repellents - any advise please.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Good oh!
Could do with "fogging" my neighbors too, but with a nerve gas!

LOL. Preferable to West Nile Virus or other mozzie born death. Also we have heatrworms over here (mozzie born deadly parasites) They don't effect humans (out Body temp is too low) but they devastate pets and livestock.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
...and don't forget Dengue Fever, which appears to be spreading rapidly world-wide, and for which there is no preventative or retrospective treatment, other than to ameliorate the symptoms. And if you're really unlucky, it'll turn into Haemorrhagic Fever.

Personally, I never go without DEET. OTher stuff "might" work, but DEET does. After 30+ years of travelling to Africa, Asia, South America - and yes, even Florida! - I haven't succumbed to Malaria or its other mossie-born cousins yet.

Tristar777

Nomad
Mar 19, 2011
North Somerset UK
Id definately go with deet unless you know for sure someone is allergic to it, so try before you fly! I have heard Listerine works too! Seems the mosseys like it less than us! Lol...

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
...and don't forget Dengue Fever, which appears to be spreading rapidly world-wide, and for which there is no preventative or retrospective treatment, other than to ameliorate the symptoms. And if you're really unlucky, it'll turn into Haemorrhagic Fever.

Personally, I never go without DEET. OTher stuff "might" work, but DEET does. After 30+ years of travelling to Africa, Asia, South America - and yes, even Florida! - I haven't succumbed to Malaria or its other mossie-born cousins yet.

Agreed. I think a check of the ingredients on many (if not most) of the better commercial repellants will list it near the top.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE