Mosquito hammock v's Warbonnet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

River man

Jan 16, 2010
Lincs
Hi i currently own a Mosquito jungle hammock and while i'm pleased with it i still think it's a bit restrictive on the shoulders and i find it impossible to lie on the diagonal to flatten the lay?, i used to have a DD frontline hammock but just couldn't seem to get comfy no matter what i tried, the Mosquito hammock has more room but i still feel that i could do with a wider hammock so to be able to lie on the diagonal, i'm 6.1 and medium build any thought's???

Andy

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Go for the Blackbird without a doubt, UKHammocks do a similar model too I believe.

The footbox is what makes them stand out from any other I've tried.

River man

Jan 16, 2010
Lincs
Thanks for the reply Rich, will just have to wait now till uk hammocks get some in stock. I currently use a carrabiner that links the tree strap onto the hammock loop, now they give 2 suspension options for the WBBB 1.7 so am i right in thinking that the line strap version will take up less space?, iv'e had a look through the search but pictures say a thousand words

Andy

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I have the UKHammocks model with a footbox and fully zipped mozzie net. Prior to that I used a Hennessey for about 5 years.

I really rate the UKHammocks model...it is far, far more versatile than the HH and gives a very goods night sleep.

Simon

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Thanks for the reply Rich, will just have to wait now till uk hammocks get some in stock. I currently use a carrabiner that links the tree strap onto the hammock loop, now they give 2 suspension options for the WBBB 1.7 so am i right in thinking that the line strap version will take up less space?, iv'e had a look through the search but pictures say a thousand words

Andy

They both have their merits, the line strap works as both a tree hugger and suspension, where as you need tree hugger's and soft shackles (or toggles) with whoopie slings.

I've tried both set up's, they are both just as good so I guess it boils down to preference. Most uk hammockers use whoopies.
Neils custom hammock, and the WBBB will be fine for you. I'm 6ft 6" and the custom bury's me.

fe2viw.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE