Mors Kochanski - Sad News

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
He wasnt very old.

At least not by modern standards.

I never did get to send him a card; too busy with my own problems.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Sad news indeed. I have posted this on my Facebook page, though I doubt if many of my friends will ever have heard of him.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Mors was amazing, we had him at the Moot a few times and he just loved sharing his knowledge. He will be missed, just knowing he was in the world made it a better place. For me he was the connection to the old times and yet he was consistently pushing the boundaries on new ways of doing things, being innovative and inventive with his outdoor skills so that using the old knowledge with new understanding and materials etc could make us better outdoors people.
RIP

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I never met him, but I've spent many hours in his company, thanks to the marvellous videos he had put on Youtube, and learnt so much from him. He will be missed for sure. My deepest sympathies go to his family and friends. RIP.

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
A very sad day for the bushcraft community. Mors was one of those people you could sit and listen to all day. I was one of the fortunate ones to attend his course while he was here in 2009 and I came away from that with so many bits of information that only someone like Mors could impart and some of which cannot be found in books. A great man who had probably forgotten more about Bushcraft than we will ever know. His legacy will live on in his books and videos and my condolencies go to his family. R.I.P

Reactions: santaman2000

Chief

Dec 18, 2019
Lincs.
There's an episode of the Fresh Prince of Bel Air I was thinking of only last night in relation to Mors Kochanski.

In it the Uncle is explaining to his nephew about university professors.

He was explaining how there's always one professor that you find inspirational, that makes a profound impact on your life, that with great enthusiasm passes on their knowledge and makes you really think.

I'd never experienced this myself - until I found the Mors Kochanski videos on YouTube.

Truly an inspiration and a very sad loss.

I just wish his Bushcraft book was easier to get hold of without international postage...

paulds

Sep 28, 2016
Manchester
Saw this on facebook a few days ago. I've never met the man, sadly, but I have one of his books and I've found videos of him both massively informative and easy to digest. He'll be sadly missed, the giant who's shoulders everyone else stood on.

bearbait

Over the last 2 / 3 weeks I've been slowly working my way through the videos from Mors, presented by Karamat Wilderness Ways on Youtube. What a fantastic amount of info that man had, and such an easy presentational style. It's a genuine delight, and hugely informative (for me at least) to watch him talk.

if any are interested.

Keep well...in these unusual times...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE