*More* snow!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hatethatgiraffe

Forager
Jan 9, 2010
Glasgow
About six inches here and people are struggling on the hills on way to locks school both on foot and in cars!
Threw the two year old in sledge and went to pick the 5 year old up!
Less hassle for me and more fun for the kids :)

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Was meant to flying from EDI this morning, phoned BA at 07:00, "yep come on in" OK, off I go, slow drive in, gets to check in, "airports closed until 10 but you should get off at 12 and make your connection in LHR" OK, through security, nearly finished a cup of coffee, "bing bong, LHR flight cancelled, pick up your luggage and go to the BA desk..." OK get my bag then huge 1 hour queue for desk.. "Sorry sir if you've booked with a travel agent, you'll need to see your them to rebook!!!" ARRRGGGHHH! :cussing: Told the rest of the queue then back in the car and slow drive home... Guess what I'll be doing tomorrow, weather permitting.... :(

we've had another 4 inches or so here

Cheers,

Alan

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
none here, what we did have is all gone, lots of ice though, I've got 5 inches of ice in the bottom of some footings, right pain. I want snow, only up to about 2 feet of it though :D

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
More here in Perthshire as well - about 3-4 inches.

Finally took the plunge and ordered up some winter tyres and wheels for the family car (which despite being four wheel drive is slithering around on low profile road tyres). Of course everywhere is out of stock now until January, but I remember trying to do the same thing last year, and if I had ordered them last year I would have them now !

Last week I was booked on an Edinburgh flight on Monday, cancelled and rebooked on Tuesday, cancelled and rebooked on Wednesday, cancelled and rebooked on Thursday. Supposed to be coming home on Friday so at this point gave up.

My computer forecast gadget says tomorrow (Tuesday) will be a high of -10c and a overnight low of -15c for my location…...

NS

Ronnie

Settler
Oct 7, 2010
Highland
I quite like the snow to be honest. Kids love it. Inverness still operating quite normally despite last nights fresh fall - I guess we're use to it up here.

Took the kids out on the backroads in the 4x4 to Cawdor wood. Dragged them into the woods on a sledge to gather some holly, ivy and fir to make a winter wreath:

DSCF0149_3.jpg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
We've had no more snow today, but the temperature in my garden is reading -13degC just now :hatscarf:
I'm tempted to hibernate :sleeping: until :christmas2:
Stay warm folks,
:grouphug:
M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE