More ebay madness!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
Graham_S said:
is that the same as "the outdoor survival handbook"?

No it was his first book and IMHO by far his best.

Graham_S I have not seen it on the second hand market for a while. I think the second hand bookstores/suppliers have got wise to ebay. You might still be looky to find a copy at a charity store basemetal over on BB picked a copy up at a scout sale the other week for 50p.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Kin ell, I own one of those :)

51 quid seems a tad much though.

While on the subject though, and not trying to belittle Raymond in any way shape or form.... But who really gives a toss about a book being signed :confused:

I never really get why people are so bothered by getting autographs.

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
demographic said:
Kin ell, I own one of those :)

51 quid seems a tad much though.

While on the subject though, and not trying to belittle Raymond in any way shape or form.... But who really gives a toss about a book being signed :confused:

I never really get why people are so bothered by getting autographs.

look how much signed harry potter first editions go for, for daft. its the same thing, rareity.

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
clcuckow said:
look how much signed harry potter first editions go for, for daft. its the same thing, rareity.

They are rare because she will not do signings so her signature is worth a mint.

Muhammed Ali and Neil Armstrong are the same because of their diesase, preventing them from signing.

The big problem is proving it is his signature. Lots of fakes doing the rounds.

If you think about it, do one of his courses, get him to sign ten copies of all his books and then flog them on ebay, paying for the course.

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
clcuckow said:
No, its his first book that has been out of print for years (and cannot go back into print for some copywrite issue or other).

Are you sure it's his first book? I thought that he had written at least one before Ben illustrated any books for him :confused:

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
demographic said:
Are you sure it's his first book? I thought that he had written at least one before Ben illustrated any books for him :confused:

Just got mine down:

Originally Published 1990 (mine is the 94 reprint)

Quote from Authors biog (you know the bit on the back inside dust jacket)

Although this is his first book on the subject, he has written many articles for World Magazine, Outdoor Action and Combat and Survival.

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Prices are dropping again..... If you do a search on Ebay for "Ray Mears", there are four or five copies of this book available now....all for under £35.00

It's his first and, in a lot of people's opinion, his best book....

Enjoy,

Bam. :D

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
clcuckow said:
Just got mine down:

Originally Published 1990 (mine is the 94 reprint)

Quote from Authors biog (you know the bit on the back inside dust jacket)

Although this is his first book on the subject, he has written many articles for World Magazine, Outdoor Action and Combat and Survival.

Ahh, sorry, I thought you were talking about the other book mentioned in the thread.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
clcuckow said:

Most of the stuff on evil bay is fake,JKR is well pssed off about it but they will do sod all about it. :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE