More Easter glamping

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul Webster

Jan 29, 2011
Stroud
The only way to get my wife to come camping is to go to a camp site with showers and toilets, but my daughter and I like wilder camping so we had to find an alternative. After a bit of searching on the tinterwebs I came across http://www.blackberrywood.com/ which seems to be a bit of a compromise. No links to the site etc etc just a happy customer. Each pitch is in its own small glade, ours was big enough for the belltent and my sister and brother in-law came along with their own tent too. The pitches have their own fire pits and wood can be purchased on site which was great as the Saturday night it was down to -6 degrees.

We didn't see the site at its best as the bramble bushes haven't sprung to life yet, we have already booked again for August when I'm sure it will look totally different.

P1010168.jpgP1010770.jpgP1010193.jpgP1010776.jpgP1010181.jpg
P1010793.jpgP1010785.jpgP1010811.jpgP1010819.jpg

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Great looking site, I'm looking at working in and around that area soon ( fingers crossed ) if I do get the contract I was thinking about talking to the owners to see if I could stay there long term ? well I can but ask :) It would be perfect in more ways than one, I get to work and come ( home ) to the trees, good times.

Ichneumon

Nomad
Jul 4, 2011
Lancashire (previously Dartmoor)
Nice one Paul! Give it a month and that site is gonna look completely different. I like these semi-wild sites, not for myself, but because they give the faint-hearted the opportunity to sample what we love.

GM (Give my regards to Talia)

Paul Webster

Jan 29, 2011
Stroud
Hey Paul, hope you had a great holiday. It was great for my wife, toilets, hot showers, even an al-fresco shower which was very refreshing in minus conditions. I'm sure your right, in another month everything will be lovely and green and it'll look totally different.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Nice one! From the Webster foundation, hope you all had a fab time, plenty of good food, laughs and the odd hand of poker!

See you very soon, i hope, text me them dates pal.

Atb.

Ivan...

thedawnawakens

Settler
Dec 2, 2012
UK
That look just perfect for my missus and kids too!!!! I'll have to remember this one. Next I'll have to find out if there is any disabled access. SPOT ON IF SO.:cool:

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Blackberry Wood is close to my Daughter's place. I stayed there about three weeks ago in the heavy rain and just prior to the snows. I'd always rated the place, but on the Saturday night I stayed a load of hoorays were having some kind of party and the bass thumped well into the night and finally stopped at a little after 4am. Another downside to it becoming more popular were the huge number of bait boxes of rat poison about the place and even in the bad weather, the rats gave my terrier something to get interested in.
Pretty disappointed and doubt I'll be using it again now. :(

Looks like you had a good time all the same :)

Last edited:

Paul Webster

Jan 29, 2011
Stroud
Blackberry Wood is close to my Daughter's place. I stayed there about three weeks ago in the heavy rain and just prior to the snows. I'd always rated the place, but on the Saturday night I stayed a load of hoorays were having some kind of party and the bass thumped well into the night and finally stopped at a little after 4am. Another downside to it becoming more popular were the huge number of bait boxes of rat poison about the place and even in the bad weather, the rats gave my terrier something to get interested in.
Pretty disappointed and doubt I'll be using it again now. :(

Looks like you had a good time all the same :)

That's a real disappointment as the site says it has a strict no music policy and no noise after 11pm. I did notice a large number of bait traps around but where you find people, you'll find rats...can't get away from that.

Paul Webster

Jan 29, 2011
Stroud
Nice one! From the Webster foundation, hope you all had a fab time, plenty of good food, laughs and the odd hand of poker!

See you very soon, i hope, text me them dates pal.

Atb.

Ivan...

Copious amounts of vodka and brandy were consumed whilst playing poker, you know me too well! I was camp chef so nothing up to TBL's standards but I didn't have any complaints. I'm back to work next Tuesday so I'll check those dates and get back to you then, looking forward to a jolly boys outing!

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
That's a real disappointment as the site says it has a strict no music policy and no noise after 11pm. I did notice a large number of bait traps around but where you find people, you'll find rats...can't get away from that.

I think that as it was out of season and the owners were away (did you have to book in at the caravan? I thought they were going to start playing banjos!) that they let out part of the site for a party. That said, I see that they now have a clearly identified quiet area for the forthcoming season, which to a cynic like me indicates it now needs one. I'll try to find a link for a place that would seem to be an alternative, but not as popular perhaps.

edited to say has anyone tried this place?
http://www.dernwoodfarm.co.uk

Last edited:

Dave-the-rave

Settler
Feb 14, 2013
minsk
I've stayed at Blackberry woods a few times this winter. I usually go during the week when it's quiet and have been able to spend 2 days without speaking to or hear a soul.
The domesticated brain dead pheasants don't half make a noise at the crack of dawn though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE