More Close Encounter with Wolves!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi Everyone!

On a previous thread, I mentioned the "Wolf Class" I got the chance to take (http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126288). A number of forum members shared their observations of wolves in the wild, which was very enjoyable to read.

Here is part 2 of the write-up on the wolf class:

Link: Wolves Teach a Master Class (Part 2)

This part of the write-up talks about what it was like meeting the wolves. It also has a discussion of different gaits with pictures and video.

bcfrm_Shadow.jpg

I hope to do a third part to complete the description of gaits and show how we made plaster casts of their tracks.

I don't have a dog at home. But this experience made me wish that I did. If you have dogs, do you spend any time watching them move? Do you notice their gaits: diagonal walk, lope, canid trot, etc.? Have you ever tried to track your own dog?

- Woodsorrel

Hi Everyone!

Here is part 3 of the write-up on the wolf class, for anyone who is interested. The write-up also gives instructions for making plaster casts of animal tracks.

Link: Wolves Teach a Master Class (Part 3)

bcfrm_gallop.jpg

Does anyone on the forum occasionally make casts of animal tracks? It gives me a great deal of satisfaction to return from the forest with physical evidence left by a wild creature that walks the Earth. It is fun examining the cast in a quiet moment and remembering the trip when the cast was made.

Regards,

- Woodsorrel

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE