Mora's

Jul 24, 2017
somerset
I have the kansbol (same blade as a 2000 but better handle imo)
i love it as a camping knife. that thin and wide front end is great for food prep. From buttering bread to butchering deer its impressed me this year and become my favorite mora

I thinking of having one of them too! I like the Eldris handle which its akin too and with the 2000 blade sounds like a great combo, also thinking of having a garberg what's the thinking on these still a bit over priced at around £80 ?

SGL70

Dec 1, 2014
Luleå, Sweden
I bought my first Mora - an Eldris - a couple days ago...excellent pice of kit!! It hasn't seen field use yet, but if it holds an edge good enough, it is a winner. I really like small knives! (Started to make small ones too)

Greger

Jul 24, 2017
somerset
I bought my first Mora - an Eldris - a couple days ago...excellent pice of kit!! It hasn't seen field use yet, but if it holds an edge good enough, it is a winner. I really like small knives! (Started to make small ones too)

Greger
I have used mine a little woodland wise, the grind on mine was not well executed (had to dress it up to get it as I wanted) but the steel is good and for me has held up well enough, Its nice to use, enjoy!

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
I thinking of having one of them too! I like the Eldris handle which its akin too and with the 2000 blade sounds like a great combo, also thinking of having a garberg what's the thinking on these still a bit over priced at around £80 ?

I always like the look of the 2000 blade but not the handle so the kansbol suits me fine

Garberg is still too dear for me. For around £100 i'd keep the cash on hand for something cool that turns up in the sales section on here personally

Jul 24, 2017
somerset
One Morakniv that not many here has mentioned is the Mora Clipper serrated.

Fantastic cutting power, higly visible so you will not lose it.

I only have one serrated knife, and agreed they cut well and even quite blunt will still rip through a lot of things, I have an old army survival kit and in that was a bit of hacksaw blade!

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2017
somerset
Yes, even when technically blunt they cut well. Kind of shred.

When in Nature I like a bright knife. Northern 1/4 of Sweden is full of Army green Mora knifes.

I like a bright diving knife, but every time I wont a woodland blade its a drab colour! it's like I just can't do it! so I have a plan, get a bright knife for the little woman if I don't like it, its fine its not mine anyhow :)

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Good idea.
Just tell her to be careful around you with it, that blade cuts like mad.
The sheath is also a wildlife scaring, heart attack inducing colour, but the other Mora sheats should fit, if the knife shapes are similar.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE