Mora Bushcraft Survival Knife?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I'd like to see that firesteel holder available to fit existing Clipper type sheaths, not too fussed about the sharpener though.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
There's a thread about this somewhere else on this forum started by Resnikov... someone had a bunch to test and If I recall there were issues with build quality on the sheath....

hobo2

Jan 22, 2011
cumbria
hi looks like the bushcraft force with a slip on addition to the sheath. i have the force, in stainless, it is superb! i still use my no. 1 and clipper more though.

hobo2

Jan 22, 2011
cumbria
Hobo2,

You only have 3 moras? How do you cope, they make loads of different ones, you should try them all!:lmao:

Dave

lol! ive a few mate. clipper in stainless and carbon,force in stainless,no.1,small laminate carving knife and spoon knife. what should my next one be?! check out my youtube vids,hobo31009. i have eka swede 8,gerber,and home made knives too. im interested in the mora camp axe at mo....but cant aford it...yet!

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I see it has landed(a little while ago maybe?) hmmm. not to sure of the price point, could this be a mark up to cover the cost of having Bushcraft in the title?

Anywhoooo.......

fm180511L.jpg

Bushcraft survival kniven at Moonraker knives

I love mora style knives(admittedly the classic range more so) but I'm just not sure of this combo? what do you reckon?

What exactly is 'ridgeground'? :)

The spines of most of the mora range is quite rounded so you sometimes have to take a file to the spine to square them up to get a good scraping edge, I guess ridge ground means they have taken care of this at production.

Last edited:

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Though to add compared against all other knives marketed as "SURVIVAL" knives I would defiantly say this is(not having handled it withstanding) around the top some where as an off the shelf package.

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Do not get me wrong - I love Moras - but this one seems......pricy!
OK - you get a diamond sharpener and sparkstick as well as the knife but you can buy the components of the set cheaper than knife, slide on thingy and sharpener and stone.... that is if the knife is (as it looks to be) one of the standard range.
Add to this reports I think I have heard, of the slide on thingy....sliding off and getting lost....

I am afraid it looks a bit of an expensive gimmick to me - though I am willing to be convinced otherwise if folks have info I do not :D experience of the knife first hand or send me a sample for field evaluation so I can prove to myself that it is a real practical and useful piece of kit :)

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
I can't understand how the knife can be so much money. In US dollars, the Survival/Bushcraft is $70, it is basically the same knife as the Bushcraft Force which is $30. They sell the sparker for $15. Does that mean the pastic sheath with spark rod holder is $25. Hmmm. The first thing I ususally do with a Mora is look for a leather sheath for it and they usually go for about $25. I know math is hard but I just can't justify the price on this new Mora Bushcraft/Survival. Seems to be setting a dangerous precedent with that high price for a Mora when we are all accustomed to the super low prices for the excellent Mora knives.
As for the diamond sharpener insert, my experience with diamond sharpeners on a Mora tend to be less than favorable, leaving a rough edge and scratched bevel.

My local outdoors supplier had it at home so I took a short look at it, I live in Sweden not sure if it has reached other markets yet. The spine is sharp on the corners and will most likely throw showers of sparks. Unfortunately it is also sharp enough to cut your finger if you happen to have your thumb on the spine so when cutting. If I get one I will round of the spine close to the handle. Did the same to my ontario RAT-1 folder while keeping the front part sharp for sparks and shaving tinder etc. I did the reverse on my Karesuoando Boar which has a rounded spine, sharpen the spine for 2 inches closest to the tip to throw sparks if I would happen to loose my striker and I will most likely do the same if I get one or all of the Mora Buscraft line.

Ergonomics feels good, not sure about the necessity of a diamond and firesteel on the sheet.

3bears

Settler
Jun 28, 2010
Anglesey, North Wales
holy crap! 55 quid??

I love Mora knives, but the price of this seems way over the odds :(

clipper- tenner
LMF (premium) firesteel - tenner
DC3 - tenner
50' of paracord to do a job on the sheath ( will post pics of mine at request..) fiver

savings, 20 quid...

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
looking to cash in on the gerber/bear market?

I'd rather get a standard frost/mora and a nice leather sheath

3bears

Settler
Jun 28, 2010
Anglesey, North Wales
nothing fancy, I've just paracorded a couple of clipper sheaths to make them a bit less mass produced and more personal :)

2011-04-05133457.jpg

cross draw with detachable belt loop

2011-06-16200327.jpg

my old beaten clipper 'old faithful' with a tuck away fasten on the plastic sheath's clip - Mrs 3bears nicked this one for cooking while we we camping a while back

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE