Mora 510 and 545 Discontinued

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

UCBerzerkeley

Dec 11, 2008
California
Thought I would throw this out there - the venerable 510 and 545 have been discontinued by Mora (according to ragnar @ ragweedforge). I know we are largely bias towards the Clipper, but the 510 is my personal favorite. Say goodbye to great model :(

photo-48.jpg

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
There is a version with a guard but these come as pictured

Tye Possum

Nomad
Feb 7, 2009
Canada
Hmm... With these knives gone and the clipper only available in stainless now, I'm guessing they'll be losing some sales from the bushcraft community (though that probably isn't a lot of sales), or have they come out with some better knives yet? If they do (or have), let's hope they're good ones!

Hultafors does a nice carbon steel one, orange handled, you "need" to get rid of the small fingerguard but at least you need not to work on the shoulders of the blade to use it with a firesteel!

A stainless one too with a blue handle...

Cheap as chips in Sweden.... dunno about webshops/exports....

The 510 was my favorite model too btw!

Grtz Johan

Iona

Nomad
Mar 11, 2009
Ashdown Forest
I bought a carbon clipper a few weeks ago! since when did they stop them? I might have to treat mine a bit better, if there are going to be no replacements! :eek:

Tye Possum

Nomad
Feb 7, 2009
Canada
Iona said:
I bought a carbon clipper a few weeks ago! since when did they stop them? I might have to treat mine a bit better, if there are going to be no replacements!
There was a thread about it a while ago, I bought a carbon clipper after that news came out too but it was probably just leftover stock. I think Asa Samuel tried to buy a carbon clipper recently (don't remember where) but they sent him a stainless model instead, I think because they don't make them anymore... It's what I've heard anyway!

UCBerzerkeley

Dec 11, 2008
California
The Marttiini M571 Carbon Puukko is I think a good alternative for the Mora 510 and it costs all most the same.

With the 510 gone, yah, I think the M571 looks good too. For a mora, the 510 had it all for me. Basically full tang, comfy handle, razor edge, usable sheath. I've never used a puukko style knife like the 571, used to having the tip of the blade be in the center of the handle

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE