Moot Security

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi Folks, first post so be gentle with me!

Sorry if this sounds daft, but I was planning on coming down to the Moot this year by train and was wondering how safe my gear is going to be unattended in a tent (or even under a tarp) while I'm doing bushcrafty things during the day. I know that 99.9% of visitors will be sound but am I better off coming in the car and locking things in the boot? It's just that petrol will be more expensive than train tickets.

Thanks for any feedback.

Andy.

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
Gulp... I'm assuming that's a gag. I'd hate to have to camp next to the car just for a bit of security, and I was rather hoping to be able to let the kids do their own thing without having to watch them like a hawk. Any other experiences out there?

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
That reminds me....must pack a bottle of Glyphosphate this year...:cool:

Your kit should be pretty safe. Although there have been a few instances where people say that kit has gone walk-abouts it is significantly less of a danger than on a regular public campsite. Apart from the site being a way off from town, and not really prone to passing foot traffic, your kit will have safety in numbers! Everyone leaves their kit under their tarps or arround their tents in a manner that you couldn't get away with almost anywhere else.

The danger to the kids is that they will race off and do something silly to themselves. Usually the kids form packs and roam the woods hunting aliens, or something similar! :BlueTeamE What could be safer... a wooded area full of hairy camo clad blokes all carrying knives and axes :D

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
You'll not meet a nicer bunch of people at then at the Moot. You'll bump into somebody, say hello and before you know it you've made a new friend. You'll keep seeing them throughout the week and it really is great. Nobody will nick your kit, everybody seems to look out for one another and besides the Moot doesn't attract that sort of person.

If you want to meet up, keep an eye out for me. I'll be the one running around dressed in a dock leaf!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE