Moot NC Jerky

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Smell is definitely attracting the flies - just walked in and found about 30 of the buggers buzzing round the kitchen! Fortunately the dehydrator is "sealed" and they couldn't get in. Cats food is probably best thrown though.

Ummm, fly jerky! Not a lot of meat on a fly, unless it is an elephant fly!!

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
The Marmite Jerky is done! Only did a bit for fun.

The Piri Piri, Sweet Chilli Mango, Worcester Sauce and Herbs and the Hickory Liquid Smoke have just gone in. Only another 2kg to start processing! I hope you are going to want all this now I've made it and the smoky bacon.

I need to get a pet again, I trim quite hard.

I may get another marinade when I go shopping, Bovril perhaps! Some more Teriyaki probably, maybe more Piri Piri.

Some of these are going to normal dry jerky, some a little tacky from using spicy BBQ sauce etc which is designed to really soak in. I doubt any is going to long term storage!

I have found that aiming for mid to high range beef quality is better. The small amount of value steak I have tried working with, just not up to it in my opinion. Of course with squirrel you don't get a lot of choice. I wonder what rat is like, I'll have to pop down to the pet shop! Hmm, and there are way to many cats round my way. Chinese curry flavour anyone?

Phil

Last edited:

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
I can't believe how much you're taking on here! Loads of marinades, meat by the kg :) Should think you're coming to the moot for a rest!

Oh my goodness, I can't believe how much jerky I have just made, I have a basket full. From what I have tasted it is very nice. I have done some dehydrated apple and banana too, well technically the banana isn't done yet, it will be as dehydrated as it can get when I bag it and leave straight for the Moot!

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Don't fret MNH I'm arriving Friday. This may lull you into a false sense of security as we don't eat meat that day BUT it leaves a terrible carnivorous hunger on Saturday.

Nom nom nom. Love Jerky!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE