Moot '07

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Right, i'm going to get this out in the open as i can no longer contain myself, i'm so looking forward to the Moot next weekend, i'm like a teenager before his first date with the loosest girl in town! It's not right that a married man should get this excited about meeting a bunch of strangers in a wood (!) It's going to be good to put some faces to names and have a bit of a giggle as well as learn something (i hope). I just hope i'm not alone and wondered who else is going?

I suppose i'm lucky as i only live 15mins away (i take my boy's down there very often for their walks) and it is a great place. So, if your going coming down here, i hope to see you on Friday:D

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
Yeah. Now I'm even more jealous. Thanks for that... I'm imposing an embargo on talking about if for all of us who'd love to go but can't.:(

Seriously though. You all have a great time and I understand why you're so excited...

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
:swordfigh ....Oh yes........the days can't go by quick enough fer I.....See ye all there friday.
:swordfigh Step up t' the circle o' treachery ifin ye dares:swordfigh

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
Just a little bit excited,
got most of my kit laid out on the spare bed trying to decide what to take. I'm getting the ferry on Thursday, dropping SWMBO off at my parents in Northants and then down to the Moot on Friday :D

See you all there, Brian (feeling like a small boy at Christmas)

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
I'll be there, on Friday as early as is allowed :D

I've been looking forward to it since about 2 hours after getting home after last years 'moot :)

Looking forward to the flint-knapping and meeting more folk than last year. Hoping to get alot more involved than last time.

Jedadiah - You can't help but learn at the Bushmoot. There's so much going on constantly that you're picking up bits and pieces every minute of the day - whether it be making a bow or learning hand-drill at an organised class, or simply observing a good recipe or technique for cooking bannock at breakfast.

You'll love it mate :)

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Cheers Switch, i cannot wipe the smile off my face at the moment.

Just a word to all who are coming and not local, the local weather report says it's going to be 'Moist', at least on Friday. I'm sure everyone will come prepared for every eventuality but i'm quite familiar with the area and have scouted out some high ground. :D it should'nt come to that, but then again, who anticipated that rural Herefordshire would get it's own fishing industry!:rolleyes:

fjefman

Jun 24, 2007
guildford
I'll be coming in Friday afternoon.. but unfortunately have to leave on Saturday afternoon due to prior work commitments. ;-( Looking forward to it.

J

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Just out of interest, are people taking bit's and bob's down to the moot for trade?

It's just that, as i've been getting my kit ready, i've found things that i don't use and probably never will. Just odd's and end's that are not really worth putting on the Swap page but others might find useful. Either that or it will be 'payed forward'.

I just don't want to turn up and find i've left all my gash stuff at home and someone needs it or wants it and has something i'm yearning for.

Just thought i'd pop that in your coffee pot and see if it comes out brown.:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE