MOOCs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

richardhomer

Settler
Aug 23, 2012
STOURBRIDGE
I've done a course online with future learn.
It lasted seven weeks and I ree enjoyed it and learnt a good deal.
The course was free, but at the end I could have paid £27 and got a certificate to say that I had participated in the course.
Not all courses with future learn off this.

The course I took was about how Chris learn though play.

FKeate

Forager
Jun 12, 2014
London
There's another site called edX, loads of courses on there. You get a certificate for completing them and if you pay a small fee you can get a "verified" one (send them a copy if your id and they verify it's actually you doing the course).
Though personally I mostly just watch them for the sake of it, always nice to learn something new.

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Doing Shipwrecks and Submerged Worlds provided by Southampton University. Nice thing that there is a weekly study group in Falmouth so we can discuss the course face to face with real people. have to admit that I am behind with the reading suggested, life getting in the way.[h=2][/h]

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I was speaking to a few members of my local Historical Society about this last night. A fair few of them are signed up for the courses and hopefully doing talks based on some of the content in the future. All looks pretty good.

Cheers for posting up Rik.

(Last nights talk was about the practice walls they built local to me to practice attacking the WWII Atlantic Walls in France. Was very good stuff)

Bindle

Tenderfoot
Oct 10, 2014
The Mendips
http://www.3nightsdone.org/ Here is another one, but for those of a limited attention span ;) Three nights, three short tutorials or videos, bosh! The 'How does the internet work' is a good starting point. You can get a certificate too, then you can be as educated as Gillian McKeith!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE