Modify your karrymore Delta 35

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JM

Forager
Sep 9, 2003
Left
Yes, modify it to be the best ruck sack ever.

It is great however it is very souple, and in summer, the back really glues to the back , and once really charged just turns into a bawl.

So I made my own frame using aluminium tubing, a modification that will take an hour of your time...

those that have one will understand: look at that: perfect back.
[SIZE=-5]
James_dsc02013.jpg
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-5]

Here is the tubes: build and bend them to match the outline of the back , mine have four pieces.

James_dsc02014.jpg
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-5]
This is where they fit, between the back and the back protection layer that is behind the water bag pouch. You obviously have to make a cut to allow insertion. you can see my small cut.

James_dsc02015.jpg
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-5]
And look a bit of profiling, and it fits perfecly on the back...

James_dsc02016.jpg
[/SIZE]

The back "tunnel" now works, no total contact anymore, only the sides, moastly lower back and middle shoulders, the rucksac is now also happy with the upper tensioners left wild, and they do allow a lot shoulder movements, as well as bending.

Result: the best bag I ever owned, and still light ! I may have to remake the frame later, as the top is maybe a bit square, we'll see. Just thought you'd be interested.

material needed: alu tubing (DIY store, need 2 metres of the large one, and one of something that fits in it for junctions, metal saw, hands to bend the tubing.

JM

Forager
Sep 9, 2003
Left
Thanks tomtom ! looks better with proper spelling. -Switch- that's about the price, paid 90 euro for mine.

The idea can probably be used on any pack that has a doubled back panel, the idea being to make a tubing frame that will keep the pouch made by the doubling, under tension. It is light, easy to do with little tools, and terribly efficient.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE