Modified Zebra Can (my style)

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi,
I have been toying with his in my mind for some time. So i got me some s/steel last week and and today (being on stand by) started to work on the handles .
The handle are made this way so they can be pull out through the pot hanging handle. All i got to do is bend the handle to match up with the outside and have a mate spotweld the plate inplace

img1761a.jpg

img1763u.jpg

img1766p.jpg

All comments welcome
Thank you for looking
Cheers Topknot

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Errrm

Sheer bleeding genius shoul cover it

A mucket reinvented!

What size billy did you use?

Red

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
that reminds me of the size of my one litre enamel mug i used to whip out when the boys at work asked if anyone wanted a brew. used to have to boil the kettle twice, once for me once for them lol

nice on, thats cool

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Perfect size mate. Should make a stonking mug and pot combined.

You have a knack as an inventor!

PRKL

Nomad
Jan 27, 2010
Finland
ive been playing with similar idea but only with different type of zebra,a s mine target would be zebras mug that has good lid and fixed handle,and i dont like that handle as it makes the whole thing so bulky to fit...and i have access and skills to tig/spot welding stuff as well.If i only could find proper ss wire and small plate and....most of all,time,i could do mine and post it hhere too.

anyways,great functional and compact idea you got there.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
that's an excellent mod i have one in my Kit pile that needs a handle like that but where do you get short lengths of 2to3mm SS wire from? I needed some for other projects but can never find anyone with some. I recon i need about 2m worth

PRKL

Nomad
Jan 27, 2010
Finland
that's an excellent mod i have one in my Kit pile that needs a handle like that but where do you get short lengths of 2to3mm SS wire from? I needed some for other projects but can never find anyone with some. I recon i need about 2m worth

I found my wire from shop that sells welding gear,as i realised that even i have welded with 2,5mm stainless wire,with TIG welder.Two 50cm pieces cost me 4 euros.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
topknot love the idea but you said you wanted a billy and over sized mug in one well why not just build a lid for a crusader mug and attach a bail/brake cable handle to it

drew

I've got a crusader with s/steel lid , (just me) i do not like brake cable handle.

If you look around there are places , got mine from the scrap bin in a workshop. I always put some money in the tea /coffee fund so i can go back later.

Cheers Topknot.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
If you look around there are places , got mine from the scrap bin in a workshop. I always put some money in the tea /coffee fund so i can go back later.

Cheers Topknot.

I know what your saying used to be a fabricator my self a wile ago but now i live in a new town and dont know any body to give tea money too. I'm going to have tp find some one who can spot weld to do this mod to mine

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE