Modified polish lavvu tent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woodsman79uk

Feb 4, 2019
Nottinghamshire
John[/QUOTE]
Hi Tim,

Great to see you out with your wee daughter and she looks like she is having fun. Im also delighted your happy with the mods I did to your Lavuu. It will last you a long time and i wish you many happy nights out in it.

Anyone else looking for any mods to anything please get in touch and I’ll do my best to help you out.

Thanks again Tim for your custom and keep in touch regarding those other things you want done.

Best wishes

John

Hi,

I recently purchased a polish lavvu and I have been looking at getting it modified like ChairmanMeow’s lavvu at the top of this thread. How much would these modifications cost?

Kind regards

Matt

onetoothsdad

Feb 6, 2019
stockport
Hi Tim,

Great to see you out with your wee daughter and she looks like she is having fun. Im also delighted your happy with the mods I did to your Lavuu. It will last you a long time and i wish you many happy nights out in it.

Anyone else looking for any mods to anything please get in touch and I’ll do my best to help you out.

Thanks again Tim for your custom and keep in touch regarding those other things you want done.

Best wishes

John

onetoothsdad

Feb 6, 2019
stockport
Hi John l have come across this thread as I am looking for a couple of mods for our lavvu. We have been lucky enough to get a size 3 and want a couple of zips and a groundsheet. Please could you get in touch if you still do mods.
Thanks Nigel

Jason1985

Feb 15, 2019
South wales
Hi Tim,

Best wishes

John
I want this done to my lavvu. Excellent work. Looks stunning Scottisha5. how long does it take to mod and how much would it cost?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Darryl of Sussex

Soap

Feb 22, 2019
Fife
Can you get back to me please really intrested in getting my lavvu tent customised like the one you done for ChairmanMeow’s lavvu.

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Think he been so busy with people asking he might of stopped doing it

Mar 22, 2019
Glasgow
https://photos.app.goo.gl/nNjriB7pvrFxVQDD2

Hi all first time poster here.

While looking through YouTube I came across the Simon a bloke in the woods video I thought the modifications he had done to his polish lavvu were great and it would be a great way to get outside with my 5 year old daughter only problem was I can't sew for toffee so a quick Google search and I found my way onto this forum. I got in touch with scotisha5 and told him what I wanted. So the modifications I had done were
1. Both halves sewn together
2. Zip to front entrance 8mm self healing nylon zip with metal sliders
3. Removable groundsheet fitted 560g pvc coated polyester light grey to add light to interior
4. Zips to armholes
5.sidewalls to raise height, sidewalls are fitted with an opening upright zip and sidewall zip, canvas is 360g fire rot mildew angle dirt resistant in green
6. Tin grommets removed and 25mm webbing loops fitted and nexus d rings
7. Webbing and d ring to top to enable it to be hung

Its amazing how much room there is now in the tent now and we took it out for the first time today and it works a treat. Really pleased with it and cheers scotisha5 :)

Mar 22, 2019
Glasgow
Looking for modifications to my lavvu but struggling to source someone , seen a post on here about a lad that does then but I’m unsure how to contact the person , is there anyone who could help with this ?

Many thanks
William

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Reactions: William Mccausland

Jayjay121

May 16, 2019
Catterick
Hi Tim,

Best wishes

John
Hi was wondering if you could help me out I have recently brought a lavvu our when I go to button up the door I have a lot of excess? Even though it’s as tight as I can make it?

Laurence Milton

Settler
Apr 7, 2016
suffolk
Sorry...a lot of excess what? Or is the tent slack?

Make sure that the tent is perpendicular, doors buttoned shut, and all pegging points are in turn pegged out very tight. I'm probably stating the blindingly....

I like the lavvu set drum tight, not saggy as is often seen. As such the door fastenings will also be tight, even if you have 2 halves of different sizes, determined by the no. of eyelets below the button fastenings.....

Grey

Oct 17, 2019
Dorset
Hi Tim,

Best wishes

John

Hi John,

Are you still making mods to Lavvu's? If you are could you please contact me to discuss.

Cheers

Graham

Mar 22, 2019
Glasgow
Hi Tim,

Best wishes

John

Hi john
Tough guy to get a hold of lol
Also looking for mods if you could get in touch that would be great

Cheers

Grey

Oct 17, 2019
Dorset
i am also looking for someone to help me with the mods of the lavu.
Were you succesful with your request?
No. I added a a zip etc myself. I'm fairly pleased with the result even though it's not pretty :) I stitched the 'back' of the lavvu together first to give me confidence in using the sewing machine on canvas.

Reactions: Laurence Milton

Laurence Milton

Settler
Apr 7, 2016
suffolk
Good on you, Grey.
Because I'm rubbish, I had someone put zips front AND back (great in hot weather!!). I use an external A frame and do away with the pole inside.
I'm always amazed by how many vids I see of people with them pitched inside out...…….:facepalm:

Darkharma

Sep 17, 2020
Horsham
I’m very interested in having my lavvu modified. Please could you contact me John.
javcassim
at
hot maildotcom

Last edited by a moderator:

Darkharma

Sep 17, 2020
Horsham
https://photos.app.goo.gl/nNjriB7pvrFxVQDD2

Hi all first time poster here.

While looking through YouTube I came across the Simon a bloke in the woods video I thought the modifications he had done to his polish lavvu were great and it would be a great way to get outside with my 5 year old daughter only problem was I can't sew for toffee so a quick Google search and I found my way onto this forum. I got in touch with scotisha5 and told him what I wanted. So the modifications I had done were
1. Both halves sewn together
2. Zip to front entrance 8mm self healing nylon zip with metal sliders
3. Removable groundsheet fitted 560g pvc coated polyester light grey to add light to interior
4. Zips to armholes
5.sidewalls to raise height, sidewalls are fitted with an opening upright zip and sidewall zip, canvas is 360g fire rot mildew angle dirt resistant in green
6. Tin grommets removed and 25mm webbing loops fitted and nexus d rings
7. Webbing and d ring to top to enable it to be hung

Its amazing how much room there is now in the tent now and we took it out for the first time today and it works a treat. Really pleased with it and cheers scotisha5 :)

how do I get in contact with this guy?

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Getting in touch with:

I am not sure that you can. While he is still a paid up Maker here, his last posts were two years ago, and his last visit to the site was November 2019. As you can see, many have come here and asked how to get in touch, but no one has posted here that they have succeeded.

Sorry to be bearer of disappointing news.

Chris

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE