Modified bivi bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

James1173

Dec 29, 2013
Marchington (staffordshire)
Hi all, I've been busy over the last few nights making a few mods to my bivi bag. I've made it a little shorter and also thinner around the leg area and tapering up to full width at the shoulders. Thought I'd just share a few pics to show how I did it. I think it's turned out pretty good considering I'd never touched a sewing machine until a few days ago.
image.jpg
This is the standard british army bivi bag
image.jpg
I then cut the bag open along the seams and then cut the bag a little shorter and thinner but keeping the the same profile at the foot. I then stitched the bag back together sewing it inside out.
I ended up with the bag being too tight at the top so added 2 triangular pieces to extend the top.
Trying to get the zip sewn on properly was a pain but I pinned it in place in the end, using a bit of advice I gained on here. When I had everything sewn in place and was happy I sealed the seams on the inside with some seam tape I found on eBay.
I'm off out on Saturday night to test it so I'll leave a post about how I get on with it. Apologies about the pics not being in order. image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 36

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Nice mods on the bag. I got me one which i was going to play with, but i have not got time at the mo.

Topknot

James1173

Dec 29, 2013
Marchington (staffordshire)
Well I was out in the newly modded bag on Saturday night in the bad weather we had, I had a dry nights kip and was nice and cosy under my tarp. However I think I need to do a mk 2, I normally put my roll mat inside my bivi but because I'd made the bivi thinner from the **** down the mat wouldn't fit so it had to go directly on the floor. Not a big drama I know, just a case of bad project planning on my behalf I think:) back to the drawing board then....... Again

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE