Modding a ruck sack?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Hi all - has anyone ever added pockets to their pack?

By that I mean sewn on?

I've got a daysack I use regualrly but it doesn't have a front pocket - and I would quite like one.

Any pointers would be great.

Andy

patrols

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2011
cornwall
There are a few good companys that will modify bergens, JJ 's in Brecon are very good also Dragon supplies in Colchester will do anyhting you want to a bergen just have a look on there web sites for ideas, I have used both companys in the past without any problems.

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Sewing a pocket on wouldnt be too much of a problem, but in order to gain sufficient access, you would most likely need to unpick one of the side seams on the daysack. Depending on the model, these are often the seams that join the several layers of fabric and foam that form the back panel, with the fabric from the rest of the sack. Thus before you get too carried away, you will need to make sure that your sewing machine can cope with sewing through the required thickness.

A ready manufactured PLCE pouch or similar would be a conveniant ready made pocket to sew on, but again, the sewing machine may struggle with getting through the fabric. I'd cut the rear off the pouch to save weight.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
hey Mac, the commandos do it to all the bergans they seem to use, they stich annother side pouch to the front then seam tape seal it....:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE