Mobile phones (not very bushcrafty I know)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
The Nokia 3720 looks like it has most of the modern features I'd want from a phone, such as GPS, MP3, halfway decent camera, bluetooth, etc. It doesn't look as rugged as the Sonim phones but it could well be rugged enough for me.

The specs sound good.
http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/devices/nokia-3720-classic/specifications

I'm still using an old Nokia 5140 that I recently got a new shell for and it looked as good as new for a couple of months. It's still going strong but I'd kind of like some of the new features in a more modern phone.

Gailainne

Life Member
I have the Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic, Its a touch screen type, has a proper GPS, Satnav, Internet access, decent camera with flash, very nice screen size. The battery I got with it was crap, but the spare I bought is excellent.
I have an 8gb SD card in it, which has loads of music on it plus a few short videos, I plan on adding some more, knot tying, fishing and cooking tips, stuff like that.
I took some precautions when I got it, silicon case, and a peelable screen, for everyday use. I bought a good quality clear plastic dry bag a few years back, and it works thru it, so stays waterproof, the only problem is the wand, it can be a bit of a pain to use thru the dry bag.

On the solar recharger point, I have a freeloader, the original, not the one with the extra solar panel, and it worked fine recharging my old phone, it was a Nokia but can't remember the type off hand. I think if I was buying a solar unit now, it would either be a Solio or one of the newer 12v units that are out there now.

Stephen

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE