Mixing bowl brazier

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SethF

Jun 2, 2014
Bournemouth
Hello everybody. This is my first post to the forum and I am looking forward to learning and sharing lots of knowledge.

I have been looking for a new cheapish brazier for camp fires and came across this you tube video http://youtu.be/-DwsffUELRM. Is there and reason why this may not be safe or be a particularly bad idea?
Are there any advantages to a commercially produced brazier over one of these?

Thanks

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I can't see any reason why that would be unsafe to use, but do a search on Hobo Stoves and you may find those a much more flexible alternative and much more convenient to carry :)

SethF

Jun 2, 2014
Bournemouth
Thank you for the response macaroon I do have a hobo stove already. This is more for a sitting around the camp fire in the evenings sort of situation. I am a pyromaniac so fire is important as long as it's safe.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
I've often thought that 2 woks with the handles removed could be utilised like that; one for the fire and one for the food, and nest compactly for stowage.

Just a thought.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi bilmo ive had similar thoughts on woks myself if i come up with anything original i will put it on here

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
I find myself pondering the idea of two mixing bowls, bolted together, base to base. Punch some holes round just above the base of the top bowl, and you then have a brazier with a stand to go underneath to keep it off the grass... No idea how it would work, but I may well give it a go for the sake of a couple of quid...

J

SethF

Jun 2, 2014
Bournemouth
I was planning on using an old chimney stand. I would like to know how the two bowls idea works out. Would the bottom bowl not effectively create an oven, being enclosed, and cook the grass though?

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
Hello everybody. This is my first post to the forum and I am looking forward to learning and sharing lots of knowledge.

I have been looking for a new cheapish brazier for camp fires and came across this you tube video http://youtu.be/-DwsffUELRM. Is there and reason why this may not be safe or be a particularly bad idea?
Are there any advantages to a commercially produced brazier over one of these?

Thanks

that's a nice idea, maybe a few air holes in the bottom, and a grid of some kind to raise the fire from the ashes would be a good improvement?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE