Miss Stovie paddles Drungewick...

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
...You know the score...a beautiful morning with a few hours to kill before guests arrive for lunch...so, off we went...Click here to see map of the stretch we paddled http://www.weyandarun.co.uk/wsmap07.htm

Put in just west of the aquaduct...Miss Stovie, and a somewhat more confident Oscar (stovie dog)...
drungewick1.jpg

the approach to the aquaduct...
drungewick2.jpg

If any of you want to check out "London's lost route to the sea" look here http://www.weyandarun.co.uk/index.php

Slipway for barges...
drungewick4.jpg

Looking back towards the aquaduct over the river Lox...
drungewick3.jpg

Making way (or should that be Wey...)
drungewick9.jpg

Miss showing good paddle technique...
drungewick5.jpg

Approaching Barnsill bridge...
drungewick6.jpg

Drifting under the bridge...
drungewick7.jpg

Baldwin's Knob lock...we stopped here and headed back...
drungewick8.jpg

So what's that over there...I hear a Cuckoo
drungewick10.jpg

Think I'll take a closer look...
drungewick11.jpg

No, wait a minute, what's down there...?
drungewick12.jpg

Having made it back, with Oscar still IN the boat, took a final "expedition" shot, and home for lunch...thanks for looking...
drungewick13.jpg

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Thanks folks. I'm very lucky to have such beautiful countryside around me...and beautiful children too...Oh! and the dog's quite cute too...

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
Great stuff Stovie! Miss Stovie is certainly having fun and has the look of "come join us" in picture seven. Oscar looks to be enjoying the float. Cool! :cool:

Gordy

P.S. - Forgot to add... The paddle she is using, did you make? It looks really nice.

Last edited:

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Great stuff Stovie! Miss Stovie is certainly having fun and has the look of "come join us" in picture seven. Oscar looks to be enjoying the float. Cool! :cool:

Gordy

P.S. - Forgot to add... The paddle she is using, did you make? It looks really nice.

Hi Gordy, as I say I am a very lucky chap...The paddle is one I made...see below...

The dark one is the one in use by my daughter
paddles004copy.jpg

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Looks like grat "daddy and daughter" times - going to see my baby on Thursday (back from uni for Easter) :)

Miss Stovie takes after her mum I guess ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE