Mint and alcohol

Ruvio

Nomad
Right, i'm currently at my parents, whom have a big garden, and lots of alcohol making opportunities....
however, mint grows in ridiculous abundance

is there any nice hooch i can make from it

i mean i presume i could make wine from it, but thats a bit dull

And i know what you're thinking....typical student hehe

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
i reckon if you get a decent minty hooch on the go and mixed it with fresh strawberries, ice and a dash of lime you'd have rather a refreshing beverage.

try making a mint tequila by piling a bunch of good mint leaves into a decent bottle and leaving them to infuse for a while. you'd be able to make a fine mojito.

regards

rob

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Mint Julep: crush up some mint leaves very well with some sugar, add a shot of bourbon (whiskey will do, I also tried gin but it was a bit too strong flavour). Fill the glass with ice and top up with cold water.

Geoff

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I'd go with shewies post but ditch the Bacardi and use mount gay or Havana club, mojitos are the elixir of life.

Yup Johnnyboys almost there, for a more grown up version use a better rum, also instead of a slice of lime, finely dice a lime for every six glasses, crush the ice, pop in the mint, and a teaspoon of demerara sugar per glass, muddle vigorously and quaff in responsible :lmao: amounts.

You could be even more adventurous and go for a slightly skewed classic like the Gibbson. It's basically a martini. Equal amounts of good gin and dry vermouth ( more gin if you like it dry. Lightly crushed ice ( we want some ice to act as a blender on the herbs). Place it all in a shaker, add some mint or even better some lemon thyme, shake like heck, pour into a classic martini glass and garnish with a couple of sweet cocktail onions... ( olives are evil and make it a classic martini anyway). Drink and collapse. My other half calls them "liquid Rohypnol" ;) in an ironic way you understand.

Enjoy, we do, there's an annual Martini competition in the village which my "sloe, cranberry and vanilla gin won last year :D

TTFN
Goatboy.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Melt chocolate, coat one side of the leaf, serve with strawbs and ice cream

I'd go with shewies post but ditch the bacardi and use mount gay or havana club, mojitos are the elixir of life.

Might give the Havana version a bash tonight Jonny, just need to finish this bottle of wine first :D

Drink responsibly :240:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE