Mini Tripods - Surplus for swaps

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

onfire

Forager
Oct 3, 2009
Brecon Beacons
Hello All,

I wasn't sure where to put this thread, as I have intended for a while to show off some of the things I have made / modified recently (waxed snow smock, biscuit tin billys, woodgas stoves, full size tripods to cook over an open fire, an oil drum stove [still a work in progress though] ... ).

Anyhow - I was doing some basic bushcrafty bits with my students this term when I hit the problem of hanging their baked bean can billys over their hobo stoves. Eventually I devised the mini tripods below. They break down into 6 legs plus the hooks which slide into the top of the poles, and weigh 160g (although the hook skewer could be trimmed to save a bit).

Here is a tripod with a homemade 2.5 litre billy over a utensil stove:
SDC12159.jpg

and again with a 750ml billy over a 'hobo' stove:
SDC12161.jpg

I have 5 of these tripods left, and most of the parts to make up one or two more if Im lucky.

I wonder if anyone would be interested in one? Swaps?

Best wishes, Tim

P.S ... as an afterthought, perhaps I should put suggestions for swaps ... but I would rather not be arrogant and will see if there is any interest first.

P.P.S. I should have mentioned that the poles will be different colours - even within one set - they are matched for length not colour. They tend to be pink, black, blue and green.

Last edited:

onfire

Forager
Oct 3, 2009
Brecon Beacons
is that tripod tent poles , it looks like them ... nice set up ...

They certainly are tent poles ... I am in the fortunate position of having access to old ones (without having to scrap my own tent!) - they are predominantly Vango, but also Wild Country.

onfire

Forager
Oct 3, 2009
Brecon Beacons
I'm interested.
Can't think of anything to swap, so can you suggest something?

Hi,

Thanks. Umm, I have no idea what they are worth ... there are a few things I fancy or would use:

*Fire Steels

*Small fixed knife

*Knife Sheath

*Useful / novel leather items

*Wool Army Blankets - or any plain wool blanket in a dark colour (green, olive, brown, blue, dark red)

*Knife blanks

I dont want to ask too much, or undersell them ... sorry to be so vague!

onfire

Forager
Oct 3, 2009
Brecon Beacons
Hello all.

There are a few left, but going down quickly - I now have:

1x pink legs
1x blue legs
1x green and blue legs

plus some parts which I am trying to complete to make another tripod or two

onfire

Forager
Oct 3, 2009
Brecon Beacons
Hello all,

Thank you to everyone so far for some really interesting and exciting swaps!!

I have one more mini-tripod left - in blue ... if anyone is interested??

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE