Mini Mooters - Volunteers to help out child/parent activities.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Hi All

As I'm bringing along my then 4yr old, I thought I'd run some mini moot activities which he and others will enjoy.

These are the activities I'm planning

- Sweet making 2hrs (it's messy so either outdoors or if wasps, indoors?)
- Woodslice Sundials 2hrs (will need some log slices a couple of inches thick)
- Slip & Slide and waterfight 2hrs (afternoon - hopefully a sunny day - I can bring tarp and some things for a waterfight)
- Scavenger Hunt - 1-2hrs
- Flour trail tracking/Dinosaur hunt/blind trail - 1 hr (got some ideas about making some nice big dinosaur footprints in the sand)
- Leather keyring making - 2hrs (I can bring some leather scraps and key fobs)
- Make an oven, cook a muffin! - probably 2hrs in the morning building/drying, then lunch, then making fires and muffins in the afternoon - an hour? (parent/child or small groups) (will need clay as ever!)

What I also need is a number of responsible adult types that might be able to help me (log slices being cut night before, running the flour trail (or dinosaur foot prints) or just tidying up!)

The oven building is quite ambitious (I've not even done ovens on this tiny scale myself) so it'll probably need some very knowledgeable helpers who already are confident at making fires, so on the Friday I was going to run a short session (once I've worked out how to do it myself) for 4-5 helpers to come and learn how to make ovens on the day so I won't be pulled all over the place by people who didn't watch or understand the demo I'll give!

Just to be clear, it/I won't be a day centre, it'll need adults accompanying kids up to 8yrs old for most activities as I won't be able to stop them wandering off etc.

For the scavenger/dinosaur hunt, I also need to know if any kid is likely to turn up with severe chocolate allergies or sommat.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Cheers George! Need to test the oven idea at some point soon! Otherwise we might just use the naughty corner one and replace the building a mini oven with something else.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
OK I've finalised up some details - I've tried the oven making, whilst it's easy for 10 year olds, it's more challenging for the kids. I'm thinking we'll do some sweet making in the morning and mix up and bake some muffins at the naughty corner.

I'm going to do the dinosaur hunt of an afternoon and follow it up with the slip and slide/water fight - probably worth bringing clothes or swimming gear for!

Then we'll do some log slice sundials and some leather key rings.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE