Mini moot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Well, packing was not done in its usual considered manner and I ended up more "throwing it in the car" approach.

The weekend was excellent - the cooked options (the breakfasts, the pizzas and the Indian meal on the Sunday) were excellent.

Waynes site is slightly off the beaten track (quite literally). There's no running water, however there was a composting loo and an excellent cooking area and permanent campfire setup under a 'chute. In the cooking area there's a small pizza oven and tandoor which was working very nicely.

Access was via the bridleway, however there was a shortcut across the field which was highly bumpy. Parking in the lane is fine but it's recommended to park against the verge to stop losing wing mirrors by farm traffic.

Frankly, it was far too hot to really do much. I did whittle a tiny spoon and made an atlatl for my son. We had a bit of a play in woods with the atlatl and we also took it for shoot out in the field with Steve, Jack and Ben.

Laying on a daily fry up was an excellent move - no one really wanted to be lighting lots of fires in the weather and having an opportunity get a full english in having just tipped out of the hammock was excellent.

On the Saturday night, far too full after the excellent Indian meal and dessert there was entertainment laid on from a local singer, who was also accompanied by my friend Mel and egged on and accompanied occasionally by Katherine.

Wayne did carry in a large number of dutch ovens in the heat - sadly not many were used during the weekend!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE