Milk thistle seeds - anyone want any?

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi Geoff,

Mine came in the post today :D Big thanks to you. I've almost finnished your wee pendant ( been away camping for a couple of days) and should have it in the post next week.

Do you think it's worth planting the seed this year or waiting 'till next due to Scotland's slightly shorter growing season?

Thanks again.

Colin.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
You may still be OK to plant now. This is from the Nicky's Nurseries page:

"Ornamental herb / Wild Flower. Once used as a vegetable, roots, leaves, stems and flower buds used for salads, artichoke and spinach substitute, stems used young raw or cooked used like rhubarb or asparagus. Seed roasted for a coffee substitute. Medicinal has many uses, used for liver and gall bladder complaints. Sow early spring (for annual) in situ or summer to autumn and it will flower following year (biennial). Position in full sun."

I've set up a few pots in the greenhouse, but nothing has germinated yet (but it's only been a week).

Geoff

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Just for information, the milk thistle seeds that I planted at about the time I started this thread have just started to germinate (after about 3 weeks in the greenhouse) - so if you got any from me, give them a good chance before you give up on them.

Geoff

Just for information, the milk thistle seeds that I planted at about the time I started this thread have just started to germinate (after about 3 weeks in the greenhouse) - so if you got any from me, give them a good chance before you give up on them.

Geoff

Thanks for the info Geoff , i was starting to wonder if they would ever come up , I planted mine the day they came , still keeping my eye on them though :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE