Military Mart. ...Be warned

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I thought I'd warn any prospective buyers of the perils of dealing with a company called Military Mart. I ordered what was advertised as a new Mora knife from them. Payment was taken via Paypal right away, and I waited for my order to arrive....................and waited..................and waited, until eventually, after almost 2 weeks, it came in the post.
What a disappointment. first off, it was obviously a second hand/used knife. the tip was broken off, it has a sticky residue all over it, it was VERY blunt and had signs of rust. It also did not have any markings on the blade at all and certainly didn't have the usual "Mora" stamp that usually denotes a blade actually made in the Swedish town of the same name. Needless to say, I sent of an email right away and waited for a reply................and waited.....................and waited, until I had a thought and contacted Paypal and lodged a complaint. Well, soon as I did that, they were on to me right away. Promises of a refund or a replacement were made. All I had to do was sent back the used one I had received. So, I did so. And waited...........and waited.................and waited. I think I'm up to about 14 or 15 emails sent to them now. To cut a long story short, they now have my money and my knife and I really don't expect to ever hear from them again.
Moral of the story.............don't deal with Military Mart. :( :nono:

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Cheers for the heads up Gary

Scrotes like that deserve to be named and shamed

Hope you get your brass or knife back

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
A link for that site was posted this yesterday on the 'blanket(s) or sleeping bag?' thread. Martyn doesn't mention whether he purchased his Belgian Army blanket from them or he's just posting a local suppliers details. I had bookmarked the site with the intention of checking it out later.

Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:

Hetzen

Forager
Feb 5, 2009
West London
I bought a Swedish SS Army Trangia from them a few weeks back, which came through 4 days later. Everything was as described, being surplus, I knew it wasn't going to be all shiny. I'm generally pleased with the price and item.

I wouldn't say coms were particularly good, but I thought it best to mention.

huffhuff

Forager
Sep 20, 2010
Hitchin, Hertfordshire
Have you tried ringing them and speaking to an actual person?

Pressuming it's the Ormskirk military mart? 01695 228323

I don't know them, never used them, can't say anything about them. But, person to person is always best. Out of interest, I think they are also hoodsuk.co.uk which seems to be having some hosting issues;

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

So, if the email is being bounced from domain to domain, it may have got lost somewhere.

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
It's best to lodge a dispute early with Paypal, while you are still trying to contact the seller. Paypal will then contact them themselves and if no reply will simply refund your money. They always favour the buyer. I had a problem with a surplus retailer on Ebay when something never turned up. Paypal refunded me no problem. There is a cut-off date on Paypal for lodging a dispute

NS

Reactions: Bootfox

streetcleaner

Nov 17, 2009
lancashire
with response to this topic, I own the said firm, and without going into all the details we agree we sent out the incorrect item which is infact a knife we use as a box opener. But all you have to do is return the item for a new one to be sent out.
I dont think that is hard. We all make mistakes
I dont like responding to forums about my firm or items but I thought I would fight our corner on this one.....

Anyway everyone is entitled to there say.

Great forum by the way, loads of ideas etc for our scout camps etc etc...

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
with response to this topic, I own the said firm, and without going into all the details we agree we sent out the incorrect item which is infact a knife we use as a box opener. But all you have to do is return the item for a new one to be sent out.
I dont like responding to forums about my firm or items but I thought I would fight our corner on this one.....

I just ordered two Swedish Army Trangia sets off you.

streetcleaner

Nov 17, 2009
lancashire
excellent Johnathon....

I hope your happy with them.. We have probabily the largest stock of them at the moment we are sitting on approx 4000, as I am trying to keep stocks up as they are about to become extinct.

I use them regulary....

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
A link for that site was posted this yesterday on the 'blanket(s) or sleeping bag?' thread. Martyn doesn't mention whether he purchased his Belgian Army blanket from them or he's just posting a local suppliers details. I had bookmarked the site with the intention of checking it out later.

Thanks for the heads up.

No, I got my blankets off ebay, the link was just somewhere I found that you can get them, certainly not a recommendation.

The knife was sent back on the 24th of September. I even emailed you pictures of the proof of postage as requested................................ Yet......................................I'm still waiting. It's a poor show I'm afraid.

Reactions: Bootfox

Ryan Woods

Nomad
May 20, 2005
Where my bergan is
wow, thanks for the heads up mate. I'm sorry to hear that you got messed about, it's a shame when the trust between online buyer and seller is misused. The fact that they didn't respond to your mail within one week yet defend their name on e-forums (within a week of the topic posted) is poor practice in my opinion and displays their lack of dedication to customer services. Will refrain from ordering my kit from Military mart...!

Last edited:

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
excellent Johnathon....

I hope your happy with them.. We have probabily the largest stock of them at the moment we are sitting on approx 4000, as I am trying to keep stocks up as they are about to become extinct.

I use them regulary....

Mate,

Make sure you're not selfpromoting your business / firm, as that would be in breach with forum rules & regs (to which you agreed to when you signed up).

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
It's probably a good idea if this went to email or PM now, rather than this be dealt with on the forums. I'm happy for an update to be posted though so we know how things went.

norfolkjohn

Tenderfoot
Aug 21, 2010
norwich norfolk
Well speaking for they seem OK, i have been in contact via email and they came across as nice guys.
I am intending to place a large order and they answered all my questions.
And i am going on advice from another forum member who has used them many times and been very satisfied.

peaks

Settler
May 16, 2009
Derbys
Over several years I've bought a number of items from them - and found they have given excellent service, prompt delivery, and have very knowledgable staff able to answer queries who are extremely pleasant on the phone.

I'd have no hesitation in recommending this firm. (no affiliation etc - just a very satisfied customer)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE